Game shuts down out of nowhere

by nepstew

Original Post

Re: [PS4] Crashing During Travel, Save the Game, Exiting CAS/Build Mode Patch 1.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Playing on PS4 and it's crashed for the first time in a loooong time! Happened straight after this latest update on 1/31/2023. 

First time during social interaction, now exiting cas! 

Message 50 of 375 (896 Views)

Sims 4 keeps crashing

★★ Novice

Hi, ever since the latest patch/update was released which I installed yesterday, the game now regularly crashes for no reason.  I've sent several error reports to Sony as each one has occurred.

Currently playing on PS5.

Message 51 of 375 (1,138 Views)

Game randomly closes following update 01/31/23

★★★★ Novice

Since updating to the newest version of the Sims 4 (01/31/23) my game has started closing randomly and booting me back to the Xbox home screen. The game doesn’t so much crash as it does quit, the interaction seems to happen when a sims visits a lot or when going on a date. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but it hasn’t seemed to help. If anyone has any other suggestions to fix this please let me know.

Also framerate issues are still awful on Xbox Series X, despite being a seriously powerful console. This game needs much better optimisation to be sustainable in the long run.

Message 52 of 375 (913 Views)

Game keeps crashing without warning (Xbox)

★ Novice

Literally every 20 minutes my game crashes and when I go back on nothing has saved so I start from where I last saved off. This is the 3rd time it’s happened; twice last night and now again. My game is updated and I’ve never actually had any issues until now with the major update. Any ideas?

Message 53 of 375 (911 Views)

Game crashing since update 31/01/23

★★★ Newbie

Playing on Xbox 1, since game updated 31/01/23 game keeps crashing and lagging.  Any suggestions?? I know it’s not just my console as my daughter is having the same issues with hers since the update

Message 54 of 375 (1,119 Views)

Re: Sims 4 ps4 keep crashing after 1.69 update

★★★★★ Guide
@rentsusama I'm also a console player and I've definitely noticed a huge increase in random crashes after the latest patch. No warning just crashes.
Message 56 of 375 (1,755 Views)

Sims 4 keeps crashing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.5.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs City living Discover university Get famous Get to work High school years Island living Seasons Vintage glamour stuff Vibing streamer gear digital content Vampires Desert luxe kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By playing the sims 4
What happens when the bug occurs? I start playing sims 4, after 10 minutes or a day in the sims it crashes, I get sent back to my Xbox Home Screen.
What do you expect to see? To play the sims 4 normally without it crashing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated my sims 4

While playing the sims after 10 minutes or a day in the sims it suddenly crashes and sends me back to my Xbox Home Screen. I’ve come off and gone back on but it still happens, I’ve uninstalled everything and reinstalled it but the same issue is happening and I’ve also unplugged every thing from my console but the bug is still happening. 

Message 57 of 375 (1,460 Views)

Game shuts down out of nowhere

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.5.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons expansion, Get to work expansion, cottage living expansion, spa day game pack, dine out expansion. Cats and dogs and my first pet stuff bundle pack i bought and installed recently.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know if anybody else has this problem. I know it is the game because everything else is working perfectly.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game shuts down out of nowhere. No warning. The screen goes black and everything is gone. This happened today during 1 hour at least 6 times in the evening. Earlier just in the normal game mode. Tonight when i was playing only one sim in a different place.
What do you expect to see? The game should stay on normally until i save and exit the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought the bundle pack, installed it. I think there were also an update in the game and after that this started.

The game shuts down without a reason and all peogress is lost. 

Message 58 of 375 (1,464 Views)

Re: Sims 4 ps4 keep crashing after 1.69 update

★★★★★ Novice

I’ve just reported the exact same problem but happens on my Xbox 

Message 59 of 375 (1,737 Views)

Update Feedback

★★★★ Novice

I play on PS5 and was super excited to play with this update — however, I cannot open my game! I click on the app to open it, and it crashes immediately... guess I'll be waiting for the next update to actually play!

But seeing the reaction to this update, clearly I'm not missing much...

Message 60 of 375 (896 Views)