Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Breakthrough
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug I die and nothing happens. Must quit game and restart
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a game and die until it glitches?
What happens when the bug occurs? After downed timer expires, nothing happens. Read post for more info
What should be happening instead? I should be brought to the map overview

Hello,

I believe I first posted in the wrong section so this is a copy paste from my other post. I had to specify breakthrough but this also happens on conquest. 

Ever since the most recent update, I have been experiencing a couple bugs, with one of them a game ender. There are times when I die and after my timer has expired that nothing happens. The camera remains where my body was and gives me no options to redeploy. If I go to the menu and then back out, it instead becomes the background of the load out screen but that is all. The only thing I can do is to quit the game and start another. This obviously doesn’t happen with every death but does happen at some point of most of my matches. Which can be extremely frustrating especially when it’s been a close, hard fought game. 

I have something similar that happens when I spawn sometimes. After spawning, it gets stuck in the over head aerial camera anywhere from 10-30 seconds before finally zooming down onto my player. 

another issue I’ve encountered is I am sometimes unable to use quick chat options. During this, I can hear my character sometimes still use the dialogue but won’t be visible in the chat. If it’s something such as requesting ammo or health, it doesn’t prompt the nearby support players to flash on my mini map. If I am in a squad with an inactive squad leader, using the request order does nothing as well and doesn’t allow me to takeover. This again happens randomly but happens at least once a match. Once it starts, it seems to persist until moving to a new map or when I’m inevitably forced to quit the game due to my issue I stated first. 

the first issue in particular has made it very hard to enjoy the game so hopefully we can figure it out!

Message 1 of 5 (440 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game ruining death glitch and other bugs Xbox one X

★★★ Expert

@smiggyg @That_Guy_MattK death.JPG

Yes this is a common issue and tracked on Trello Quality of Life tracker. 

Unfortunately still under investigation. 

A workaround is available:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-to-fix-quot-Stuck-on-Death-Screen-quot/td-p/8628787

death 2.JPG

See multiple topics about this. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (359 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've had this happen twice tonight where I was stuck in the down state. It was the only 2 matches I played where I was the squad leader. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. It stood out because I wanted to call in an airstrike both times but the game glitched out. I had it happen once over the past weekend as well.

Message 2 of 5 (374 Views)

★★★ Expert

@smiggyg @That_Guy_MattK death.JPG

Yes this is a common issue and tracked on Trello Quality of Life tracker. 

Unfortunately still under investigation. 

A workaround is available:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-to-fix-quot-Stuck-on-Death-Screen-quot/td-p/8628787

death 2.JPG

See multiple topics about this. 

Message 3 of 5 (360 Views)

★★ Novice
@flyinghorse101 I would assume my other issues are common too? Thanks for the help!
Message 4 of 5 (335 Views)

★★★ Expert
@That_Guy_MattK yes, there are currently some bugs on BFV ;-) But a new release will come soon.
Message 5 of 5 (315 Views)