Game removed me from my Guild - Lost all Guild Activity progress

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone
OS Version iOS 11.4
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 537-965-669
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug Game booted me out of Guild - Lost all Guild activity participation in raids, territory battles, and guild exchange
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? To Developer Team, I could really use your help. Through the help tab in the game I contacted customer service and they called me to resolve the issue, but they said they can't help me at all. They just reported it as a bug to the developers. I was in a guild called the "Citadel of Biggs" and was #11 for rewards on tier 2 of the sith raid and had already helped out with Phase 1 of the Imperial Territory Battle and I had made a gear request in exchange. For some reason the game kicked me out of the guild and I LOST EVERYTHING! I rejoined and doublechecked with my guild officers if I had been removed. They said no, the game said "I left the guild." But I didn't do it, I have no idea how it happened. I thought customer service could help me, but they couldn't do anything, not even any compensation. Now I'm missing out on all kinds of guild coins, gear, credits, etc from Territory Battles, Sith Raid tier 2, and guild exchange request. I fear this may happen again somehow. Can you help me? I'm #140 in squad arena and #16 in fleet arena. I love this game, but not have these things is going to kill my progress and hopefully not my arena ranks. Frown A little history: I left my previous guild on Sunday night (6/17) and joined my new guild that same night. But before I joined "Citadel of Biggs" that night I joined another guild, but didn't like it and left. Then I sent some invite requests to some invite only guilds and got declined twice, but may have still had some pending requests. The game booted me from the guild around 8:30 am central time on 6/19. Maybe the "guild leaving" glitch has to do with that, maybe a guild request being declined or expiring? Just a theory. Matt Username: MKJF
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

See above

Message 1 of 15 (1,330 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game removed me from my Guild - Lost all Guild Activity progress

EA Live QV Team

Hi @ChaplainTrooper and thank you for the report.

We've already flagged this for further investigation.

Unfortunately, we can't help with any compensation in that scenario, sorry.

View in thread

Message 4 of 15 (1,452 Views)

All Replies

Unfortunately we had a guild mate about a month ago who got "member left guild" about 1-2 hours after joining us...right after a Territory Battle started.

Customer service was unable to let him contribute to the TB, and both the guild and he suffered as a result, and he received no compensation for being removed.

So the bug reports help them fix this, but I wouldn't expect compensation. Frown

★★ Novice

Thanks for replying. It's at least good to know that I'm not alone. I'm just praying the developers can help with a solution/compensation for me. I know they do it for widespread bugs, but I don't know that they would do it for a bug that seems pretty small. 

Message 3 of 15 (1,286 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @ChaplainTrooper and thank you for the report.

We've already flagged this for further investigation.

Unfortunately, we can't help with any compensation in that scenario, sorry.

Message 4 of 15 (1,453 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I gotta say this customer service experience has left such a sour taste in my mouth that I'm not sure I want to play the game anymore. I'm afraid to switch guilds right now or really play anymore for fear that all my guild rewards are going to be lost again. I don't know if you play the game and know how frustrating it is to lose out on thousands of guild event coins. It honestly devastated me, but I feel even more disappointed that customer service can't compensate me at all for a mistake that wasn't my own. If they can't watch out for the players like this and have our backs, then I'm really not sure I want to play anymore.

Message 5 of 15 (1,244 Views)

I understand. Frown

My only comment considering EA/CG's perspective on not compensating for this type of issue - if they compensated players for the "leaving the guild" bug...there is the possibility that unscrupulous players might try to abuse the system to get a bunch of Guild Event Tokens, which is currently the most valuable non-crystal currency in the game. I don't know how the notices show up in their system, but if the server logs show that you "left" (albeit unwillingly), how would they be able to differentiate your leaving from someone who just wants to leave the guild so they don't have to contribute to TB, but still want the rewards?

I know it doesn't help your situation right now, unfortunately.

★★ Apprentice
I have seen this happen from time to time. Sometimes this bug is happening quite often. About 8 or 9 months ago we had 4 or 5 members that this has happened to. It always happened in the first 24 hrs. of joining the guild. I don't know if this is the case for you. But it does seem to happen in waves when it does.
Message 7 of 15 (1,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Sounds like the exact same issue for me. I can see the hesitation @GladOS-013 in compensating someone like me, but in my situation there's no way to really take advantage of them. I'm not asking for 10,000 guild event tokens, I'm simply asking for the same amount and other rewards I would have gotten had I stayed in the guild. Right now, I'm not able to join the Territory Battle at all. Can't even switch to another guild to get in on theirs. So again it's really just giving me what I would have received had the bug not happened. Besides, why would anyone in their right mind leave a guild in the middle of a Territory Battle. You'd be deliberately forfeiting a whole week-long guild event. I could definitely see raids and guild exchanges kind of being taken advantage of though

Message 8 of 15 (1,211 Views)

★ Apprentice

This bug occured twice for me and in the same circumstance. Prior to player joining guild an in-game chat was initaited by guild leader or office. After the player joined, once the officer or guildeader closed the ingame chat window (Playername has disbanded chatwindowname) the new player that was part of the chat is unguilded. 

Message 9 of 15 (1,122 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This has happened to me twice now.  OS user, latest version.  I leave a guild, and then when I join one, I'm there for a while, and I quit the guild when I'm logged out.  Two times this has happened, both times the guild were automatic joins.  Both times I'd sent request for guild joins to other guilds, enough of them that when I "quit" my guild while logged out, when I try to join another guild, or in the first time it happened, try to rejoin the guild I left, it says I've used up my guild movements for the day.

I'm wondering if I'm being accepted for one of those other guild invites, it's making me leave the guild I just joined, but then isn't joining me to the guild whose invite I've accepted.

I don't believe it's hacker shenanigans as I've had nothing untoward happen to my account either time like a big purchase, or something unexpected.

Message 10 of 15 (1,039 Views)