Re: Game randomly freezes up during arena battles

by Darth_FreezeAlot

Original Post

★ Guide
@chack71 Most of my crashes/freezes have been TW and GA so I've seen less of them now that GA is on break and with my guildies clearing the board in TW before I could attack but I did have some freezes in HAAT
Message 31 of 46 (1,132 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My grand arena was completely ruined today by 2 freezes - so i lost an battle i should have won.I have an Oneplus 3T , i have game mode disabled (i heard that interferes with the game). Please resolve this issue because otherwise , what is the point of playing GA? just to loose for none of my fault?

Message 32 of 46 (1,065 Views)

★ Apprentice

OP 7 Pro did it again today in TW.  I have turned off sound in the game client (since some people mention sound buzzing just before it happens) and I have disabled game mode for this app.  Still does it.  Is anyone paying attention?  Anyone care except OP owners?

Message 33 of 46 (1,051 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Darth_FreezeAlot I've tried earlier and it didn't solve the issue. For some reason I'm down to max one freeze a week now, and that's kind of acceptable compared to earlier, even though it's still frustrating.
Message 34 of 46 (1,008 Views)

★ Apprentice

Doing OS update on op7 now.  Maybe it will fix it 😃

Message 35 of 46 (997 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Хай бро такая же проблема уже даже поднадоело ТП не шевелиться исправлять проблему .

Screenshot_2019-09-10-08-02-23-391_com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row.png
Message 36 of 46 (980 Views)

★ Apprentice

just happened in heroic sith triumverate.  at random.  update didn't fix it I guess.

Message 37 of 46 (933 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well... Long time since I've posted updates to the issue, but just lost out on completing one of the battle missions in the Genosian TB because of the exact same issue that have been there since my first post last December. These freezes makes me wanna drop this game. Enough now! Please?

Screenshot_20190924-060858.jpg
Message 38 of 46 (889 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@CG_MindTricks 

Any update on this issue?

I've posted a thread before about this (it is linked in this thread in an earlier post) https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-freezing-during-GA-battle/m-p/7487048#M22937

This still keeps happening and its been months now. Have reinstalled the game several times but that does not resolve the issue.

The freezes happen at the start of a battle or at the start of a transition if they do occur (e.g going from P1 to P2 raid, going to next wave in a TB battle). Happened to me yesterday again during HSTR and today on P1 special mission in TB after not having this issue for a while.

Screenshot added of the moment where my game froze in TB

My ally code = 658-799-425

game freeze TB.PNG
Message 39 of 46 (844 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@CG_MindTricksAny updates to this? I'm curious if you have any in-house players who use OnePlus devices as their main device (as opposed to just spot-testing), as this has been happening over a year now.Thoroughly chronicled by @FingolfinTEK on his OP3, others like me with OP5, users like Chack here with OP6, and even some OP7 users.

Bit more info:
After playing the game for a year with zero problems at all, some game update around the summer of 2018 changed everything. While all other apps and games were fine, GoH started to be really unstable -roughly 5 freeze/crashes per average week. That continued for a year or so, until several weeks ago when it got more stable.

Recently though, an update brought back the issues with a vengeance. In P1 of this week's TB, 3 of 3 of my nodes froze up before the first wave was complete.

Freeze details:
The Nute SM node (for which I asked for a refund on Magna's zeta and two Gear Levels I spend to reach the GP requirements, with this ticket: 51628107) froze about half-way through the first wave, all allies were alive, nothing of note happened before the freeze. No GUI issues, it just froze. Waiting did nothing, swapping tasks back and forth came back to the game hanging on a black screen, waiting longer it would time out after several minutes at some point after my phone's screen turned off after 2 mins of inactivity.

2nd freeze (after restarting game): The Geo node froze on load. I got a Screenshot of it, with the 'holotable scanlines effect', where the environment has loaded but the characters aren't in yet. See SShot.

3rd freeze (after restarting phone): A CM node froze as I threw HK's grenade on his first turn. See SShot.

The entire day in the game had no other issues previous to this, in Arena and Fleet.

Screenshot_20191009-133926.jpg
Screenshot_20191009-181502.jpg
Message 40 of 46 (798 Views)