Re: Game randomly freezes up during arena battles

by Player_nc6os1cp

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I had this situation already 3 times (2 times Arena 1 time GA)
I have Samsung Galaxy S9+

The problem appeared around 1.5-2 weeks ago, and I use this phone since 5 months

photo_2019-04-18_11-36-27.jpg
photo_2019-04-21_16-43-18.jpg
photo_2019-04-25_15-32-38.jpg
Message 21 of 46 (1,562 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello I have the same issue on my Iphone 6+ since the yesterday update.

It happened three times in arena : my game freeze after my Yoda AOE a Darth Revan Team and MALAK puts the glowing purple thing on Yoda (i believe the update added the appliance of that thing after a critical hit).  When it happens, i loose control of the game and can't move or use abilities. The timer goes on and nor the AI nor me are able to do anything.

If it's a power use issue why dont you put an option to reduce quality of graphics or power drain ?

Message 22 of 46 (1,540 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here are my latest freezes. Also one in Fleet battle, but didn't screenshot. First is from GA and second from Squad Arena. 

Screenshot_20190414-091322.jpg

Screenshot_20190415-173541.jpg

Message 23 of 46 (1,533 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My last freeze. It seems it’s heavily related to yoda AOE criting and then Malak putting fear and taunting.

FFF949BE-C852-4ED3-9DC2-963200F726EE.png
Message 24 of 46 (1,502 Views)

★★★ Novice

This has happened to me too in both arenas. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it doesn't help. 

Message 25 of 46 (1,450 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It happens everyday and no one cares at EA... 

Message 26 of 46 (1,416 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I have this same problem on the 6T. They tell me the same thing. I can only assume the game isn't stable on the OnePlus phones. I've contacted EA several times. They used to send crystals and now they just send the same response over and over again. I usually get locked during arena. However, it's occasionally locked fleet arena, raids, or even at the start screen. I've played the game on my computer using blue stacks and it's never crashed. 

Message 27 of 46 (1,362 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Yeah, I've come to the same conclusion. Got freezes in Raid Legends too, so something is definitively wrong. If it's the phone, the chipset or OxygenOS is hard to say.
Message 28 of 46 (1,348 Views)

★ Guide
@chack71 Interesting, I'm on OP 3T and SWGOH is the only game that freezes - I play KotOR, Fallout Shelter and also for a while also MSF without any issues. Don't know if all of these games used Unity as well and if not it may be a place to start?
Message 29 of 46 (1,250 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@FingolfinTEK I haven't had that many crashes lately, and that's also the case with Raid Shadow Legends (the other game I play frequently). Both games have been updated several times after my latest message over, so I don't know if that have something to do with it, or I've just been plain lucky. That said... I know several other guildies that experience simliar problems from time to time, but that's on Samsung Note and not OP.
Message 30 of 46 (1,212 Views)