Re: Game randomly freezes up during arena battles

by chack71

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)
Yes, that's exactly what we tested as well. We used the same characters you showed in the screenshots and did a bunch of Squad and Fleet arena battles trying to use as many flashy AOE attacks as possible but didn't manage to reproduce Frown

If you happen to notice anything else please let me know and we'll re-test.
Message 11 of 46 (1,425 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Will post more info and situations when they occur. Will also keep an eye on running apps. Can add that I'm using the 8GB version of OnePlus 6t, running the latest official release of OxygenOS on top of Android as shown on the attachment.

Screenshot_20190409-155859.jpg
Message 12 of 46 (1,423 Views)

Message 13 of 46 (1,385 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Well... I've turned of OnePlus game mode, just to see if that had something to do with it, but unfortunately no. 
I just lost my GA  when the game froze even before the battle started against a Nightsister team and never got a chance to use my best counter...

Message 14 of 46 (1,358 Views)

★ Apprentice

This happens to me loads, a real pain when your fighting Revan matches that take almost the entire 5 minutes

Message 15 of 46 (1,341 Views)

★★ Novice

I also deal with this problem multiple times per week on my OnePlus 6t. Game freezes in the first minute, usually in the first 20 seconds. Usually it is mid animation and no reasonable amount of screen tapping restores responsiveness.

I am still able to screenshot and can tab out of the game. Attempting to return to game results in black window that I have to force close to restart. This has impacted arena, territory wars, and grand arena, all modes where attempts are limited and the use of the team/attempt is forfeit due to this freezing.

Screenshot_20190405-183919.jpg
Screenshot_20190320-174013.jpg
Screenshot_20190319-164733.jpg
Message 16 of 46 (1,326 Views)

★★ Novice

The freezing has been most noticable on my OnePlus 6T. I try to play on my iPhone 7 plus when possible to avoid this issue. I don't see the problem on the iPhone, except for maybe once ever. On my OnePlus I will see the issue several times a week.

Lately the freezing has been in arena after using Revans Insanity ability. During the next turn with Fallen Basyilla the game will freeze and become unresponsive. The only way to resolve this is to force close the app. When I exit before and return before a force close, the screen turns black. 

I have clear d cach, reinstalled, and factory reset my phone several times with no imorovement. The issue has occurred for about 6 months.

Needless to say, this is a disappointing issue that imoacts my enjoyment in the game. I will no longer invest in this game until I see bugs like this fixed.

Message 17 of 46 (1,267 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Some days now with less gaming, but the freeze-up returned again in p2 Hstr just now. 

Screenshot_20190414-211234.jpg
Message 18 of 46 (1,250 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this same issue, I posted it in here and was asked to post to this thread. Here is my original thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Game-freezes-in-battle-OnePlus/td-p/7365264

So briefly: 

- Mainly freezes on PVP battles (Arena and GA) (maybe one or two freezes on HSTR and TB

- Always freezeds during an attack animation (no particular character

- Device: OnePlus 5

- Wifi or cellular, doesn't matter

- No other linked facts like certain background apps

Message 19 of 46 (1,228 Views)

★★ Apprentice

A couple of more freeze-ups. One in GA and one in the fleet arena. I've also experienced at least one in the regular arena and one more in HSTR P2, but didn't take a screen shots.

Screenshot_20190423-235041.jpg
Screenshot_20190425-132042.jpg
Message 20 of 46 (1,195 Views)