Game options (gameplay and package settings) not working.

by JessicaMP2004

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game options (gameplay and package settings) not working.

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Werewolves and some kits (Except bust the dust)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? To do the deactivate wants/fears test, you will see that it will be deactivated, enter CAS and go back to the game, and you will see that the wants/fears are active again (just over the sims "heads"), go back to the options of game and you will see that they are still disabled. This is the easiest way to find the problem, fame, animals, neighborhood stories, age (...), are more difficult, you have to play for a while to realize the mistake. To deactivate them again, you will need to activate, apply changes, deactivate and apply changes again.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game options (game and package settings) stop working whenever a loading screen appears or leaving the game.
What do you expect to see? Game options (gameplay and package settings) working.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I noticed this with the fame issue, before the 7/26/2022 update. After the update that added wants/fears it became clearer to detect the game options issue.

The game is having issues with game options, all gameplay part and package settings are not working.

When we configure the game, it remains with the settings working until any loading screen is entered and when exiting the game this also happens.

The options are configured in our way only visually, but in reality they are enabled again.

To do the deactivate wants/fears test, you will see that it will be deactivated, enter CAS and go back to the game, and you will see that the wants/fears are active again (just over the sims' heads), go back to the options of game and you will see that they are still disabled.

This is the easiest way to find the problem, fame, animals, neighborhood stories, age (...), are more difficult, you have to play for a while to realize the mistake.

To deactivate them again, you will need to activate, apply changes, deactivate and apply changes again.

This issue happens with all options in gameplay and package settings.

Being that even disabled sims gain fame, animals are aging and dying, active family (active in the world and not the one currently playing) are also aging when set to not age.

What doesn't work: bust the dust, fame, age of animals (country life), wants/fears, Lifestyle...

These topics are all related to game options.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Wants-Fears-toggle-stops-working-after-travelling/td-p/11...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-BDK-No-Dust-Appearing-on-Residential-Lots/td-p/11674920/h...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GF-Sims-gaining-fame-eventhough-they-are-out-of-the/td-p/...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CoL-Animal-Aging-off-Animals-Still-Dying/td-p/10550660

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-disable-Neighbourhood-Stories/td-p/11365891

I'm from Brazil and I'm using Google translator help to post this information. I noticed that many people are having this problem but they require several topics with just the separate problems. But the problem is in the game options and not in the DLC's.

I hope I helped, if I have something written incorrectly, forgive me, I just want to help. If something is not clear, please ask.

Message 1 of 2 (1,361 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game options (gameplay and package settings) not working.

Community Manager

Hi @JessicaMP2004 

As this report contains multiple bugs and we may already have active dedicated bug report threads opened for them here "Compiled list of reported issues" this thread has been closed.

If there isn't an active thread dedicated to each of the bugs you're experiencing in the link above, please go ahead and create a new bug report, one per each individual bug after testing if the issues persist after installing any mods/cc. That way, we can track things easier and provide relevant information regarding the specific bug.

EACade

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,268 Views)

All Replies

Re: Game options (gameplay and package settings) not working.

Community Manager

Hi @JessicaMP2004 

As this report contains multiple bugs and we may already have active dedicated bug report threads opened for them here "Compiled list of reported issues" this thread has been closed.

If there isn't an active thread dedicated to each of the bugs you're experiencing in the link above, please go ahead and create a new bug report, one per each individual bug after testing if the issues persist after installing any mods/cc. That way, we can track things easier and provide relevant information regarding the specific bug.

EACade
Message 2 of 2 (1,269 Views)