★★★★ Newbie

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce RTX 2060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Very beginning of game before you can even start the tutorial.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 3/16/19 ET Standard
Summarize your bug Game opens and immediately after "connecting to server" opens a sub settings menu and will not let you continue. The only way out is to close Anthem.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start the game and it may happen
What happens when the bug occurs? Settings menu works fine but won't let you leave unless you close the whole game. Since he hasn't done the tutorial yet he can't join a squad after an invite
What should be happening instead? The game should launch right into the tutorial so he can finish it and play with friends

My friend is having a problem starting Anthem. He played the demo and is completely up to date on all drivers and updates for Anthem. Game opens to the "connecting to online services" screen and upon presumably connecting immediately opens up the sub settings menu and will not let him confirm his results to exit the menu and play the game. Only way out is to close Anthem entirely 

Message 1 of 2 (40 Views)

Re: Game opens directly to settings menu and won't let me exit to play the game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just had this problem. I started methodically pressing buttons on my keyboard. 'G' sent me to the main start screen and I could begin.

Message 2 of 2 (19 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help