Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game minimizes when friends login/other popups as well

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number nVidia 1070 Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 (Should be able to parse this from dxdiag, it's one of the first fields)
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Torxed (You should be able to get this when I'm logged in on the website)
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Any
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Any
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Just running around
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Running around
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0, happens every game. But usually only once. Then the game doesn't minimize due to popups etc.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) ~10:00 AM, honestly, just restart the game/pc and jump in one game.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? A notification pops up in the bottom right corner of the screen (a friend logs on, another application creates a popup). The game will minimize and you have to pray to god that it doesn't happen mid fight..
What should be happening instead? Game not minimizing.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Restart everything, join a game, run the game in fullscreen (important) and the game should minimize every time a friend logs in/starts playing.

The game minimizes every time a popup is created in the bottom right corner.

For instance, when a friend logs on or starts a game while you're in a game yourself.

It usually only happens once per reboot, so as long as you keep your pc/game running, everything appears fine the next time a popup comes along.

But it's frickin' frustrating Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (3,196 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game minimizes when friends login/other popups as well

★ Novice

Yeah, same problem here. My game minimizes whenever I receive a party-invite or friend notification. I eventually went to Origin > Top Left > Application Settings > Notifications & disabled everything except party invites. But still having this issue. It almost got me killed more than three times now. I'm about to just set my profile to invisible and disable everything if they don't fix this. All of this could have been avoided if it wasn't for EA's primitive client and terrible overlay. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (3,160 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Yeah, same problem here. My game minimizes whenever I receive a party-invite or friend notification. I eventually went to Origin > Top Left > Application Settings > Notifications & disabled everything except party invites. But still having this issue. It almost got me killed more than three times now. I'm about to just set my profile to invisible and disable everything if they don't fix this. All of this could have been avoided if it wasn't for EA's primitive client and terrible overlay. 

Message 2 of 3 (3,161 Views)

★★ Novice

I simply disabled the entire in-game overlay. Seams to do the trick.

Origin (Top left) -> Application Settings -> More -> Origin In-Game -> "Enable Origin In-Game" = Disabled

Message 3 of 3 (3,145 Views)