Re: Game locks up on Android devices

by AllOfTheDarth

Original Post

★ Novice

I have seen a lot of people with this issue. What I experience on my android device is a freeze for 30s when I switch apps and then it might or might not crash

Message 11 of 19 (577 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am experiencing what sounds like the same thing. All animations and navigation options are frozen. Happening across 3 different devices, all of which are Android.

Message 12 of 19 (547 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_HighCommand - have you been able to look into this issue - it is quite widespread!
Message 13 of 19 (502 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

They officially don't support emulators so I doubt they'll be inclined to help.

However, that said, even on my Pixel Pro 6 it's now less smooth than it was prior to update - so they have clearly done something with their spaghetti code that has got the meatballs stuck.

Message 14 of 19 (480 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@grumpybear9000 The fact that they don't support emulators doesn't matter if it affects all of my actual mobile devices, which they DO in fact officially support.

Not to rant at you, just a little frustrating. I'm not inclined to give them an inch over this -- they clearly made a mistake, and it's only right that they fix it whether or not it affects emulators as well as their supported platforms.
Message 15 of 19 (456 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@TheFrankto completely agree as I said, even my pixel 6 pro is struggling with the new update.

We shouldn't give them an inch - they just don't listen and/or don't care.
Message 16 of 19 (442 Views)

★★★ Novice

For two days I didn't get the message that Heroes have trouble with Google. so it was another glitch that started at the same time. Here is a video of what happened to me today during the auto-combat in SA. https://youtu.be/jZpCsr51Fhk  I will rather play fight personally next time :-)

Message 17 of 19 (421 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@eturByTI This is exactly how the glitch happens for me too. Thanks for posting a video of it!
Message 18 of 19 (403 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Good news!

I think, I have found the problem's source. I use Google Play, and my phone updated that as well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.play.games

I was investigating SWgoH's lagging and freezing up for me as well, and when I turned off this app's one setting called "Automatic logging into supported games..." (Sorry, I have a Hungarian version, so it's something like that.) the freezes completely stopped!!! The lagging are less frequent as well, tho, still remaining, but not like after 5 minutes of play, but like 30 mins-1 hourly, which is much more tolerable.

If you use the same app, just turn that setting off, and hopefully your gaming experience will once again turn better! I sure hope, this was the cause of the problem, and that I managed to nail the source of the problem...for CG too! Seems like this software tries to log into games (as the setting/feature says it tries to help with), but multiple play store accounts causing problems with it, with trying to force both (or more) account into the game. Strangely, other games have no problems, so it's still a problem on both this app, as well as from CG's part too!!!

Please try this method and tell us, if things got better! I sure hope so!!! May the (Dark Side of the) Force be with You all! >:3

Message 19 of 19 (254 Views)