Game launch failure Try relaunching your game to continue linking your accounts

by pugnaproveritas

Original Post

Game launch failure Try relaunching your game to continue linking your accounts

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Platform:Epic-PC
Summarize your bug Game fails to launch, presenting error: Try relaunching your game to continue linking your accounts
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch the game through Epic or Origin
What happens when the bug occurs? Error message appears saying "Try relaunching your game to continue linking your accounts"
What do you expect to see? Game start splash screen

This issue seems to have started after a recent update to the Origin client. Escalating the issue here as EA livechat agents were unable to resolve the issue with the suggested troubleshoot measures.

Issue has been reported by numerous other users on Reddit. Relevant Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/origin/comments/ir2paf/anyone_know_how_to_solve_this_error_try/

Message 1 of 32 (11,382 Views)

Re: Game launch failure: Try relaunching your game to continue linking your acco

★★★ Novice
@pugnaproveritas I am having the same issue. I hope Origins gets this resolved.
Message 2 of 32 (11,346 Views)

Re: Game launch failure: Try relaunching your game to continue linking your acco

★ Novice
@pugnaproveritas Yeah me as well. Seems like an error after yesterday's update for me
Message 3 of 32 (11,329 Views)

Re: Game launch failure Try relaunching your game to continue linking your accou

★★ Novice

as a workaround try uninstalling origin and launching the game from epic store. When prompted to install origin uncheck the flag: "Keep client and games updated"

Message 4 of 32 (11,312 Views)

Re: Game launch failure Try relaunching your game to continue linking your accou

★★★★★ Novice

Hey @KbronCTjr I'd use that fix if it was permanent. Unfortunately, it seems to be a fix you need yo apply each time you wanted to play. 

Message 5 of 32 (11,310 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am also getting this error. Origin please fix!

Message 6 of 32 (11,253 Views)

Error Message: Try relaunching your game to continue linking your accounts.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Summarize your bug Whenever I launch fallen order through Epic Games I get the following error message: Try relaunching your game to continue linking your accounts.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch fallen order through epic or origin
What happens when the bug occurs? Error message shows up saying Try relaunching your game to continue linking your accounts.
What do you expect to see? Fallen order splash page

The only solution that I have found is to uninstall origin and then I try to launch the game through epic, which gives a prompt to install origin. I click install and after it is done  I can play the game. However, if I quit the game, I have to repeat the same process (reinstall origin through epic) in order to play the game again.

Issue was first reported here: https://www.reddit.com/r/origin/comments/ir2paf/anyone_know_how_to_solve_this_error_try/

Message 7 of 32 (11,380 Views)

Error Message: Try relaunching your game to continue linking your accounts.

★★★ Newbie

Summarize your bug Whenever I launch fallen order through Epic Games I get the following error message: Try relaunching your game to continue linking your accounts.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch fallen order through epic or origin
What happens when the bug occurs? Error message shows up saying Try relaunching your game to continue linking your accounts.
What do you expect to see? Fallen order splash page

The only solution that I have found is to uninstall origin and then I try to launch the game through epic, which gives a prompt to install origin. I click install and after it is done I can play the game. However, if I quit the game, I have to repeat the same process (reinstall origin through epic) in order to play the game again.

Issue was first reported here: https://www.reddit.com/r/origin/comments/ir2paf/anyone_know_how_to_solve_this_error_try/

This was taken from https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Error-Message-Try-relaunching-your-game-to-continue-linking-yo...

Message 8 of 32 (11,162 Views)

Re: Error Message: Try relaunching your game to continue linking your accounts.

★★★ Newbie
@Player_1n7hapji this happened after last origin update!
Message 9 of 32 (11,276 Views)

Re: Error Message: Try relaunching your game to continue linking your accounts.

★★★ Newbie
@Player_1n7hapji facing the same problem as well. what the hell EA?
Message 10 of 32 (11,238 Views)