Game keeps crashing when playing Hero Showdown

by AGI27

Original Post

Re: Game keeps crashing when playing Hero Showdown

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Atic even after running Origin as administrator and clearing the Origin cache the game still crashes.
Message 11 of 116 (1,247 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide
@EA_Atic After this bug happened for the fifth time today, all my star cards were unequipped and I got all the introduction messages displayed when doing something. The game now thinks I am playing it for the first time. I do not know if this was the intention of EA to let this happen or that this is another bug. I did not lose any progression, but I had to re-equipe every single star card for every class. This was very annoying, so I hope this was not a bug.
Message 12 of 116 (1,227 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@EA_Atic Just saw my progression in the battle scenarios got reset after this bug happened. How can I restore my progress?

Message 13 of 116 (1,216 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EA_Atic I do not know if my up-to-date battle scenario data (where I had completed every battle scenario with all 3 tiers) is stored locally or in the cloud. Maybe my cloud data storage and local data storage have overwritten each other after the fifth crash that day, so could it be that my progression is lost for ever? After the previous steps I did (see my other messages on this topic) and playing the game on my cloud save today, this happened to my main menu (see screenshot). In the collection menu the characters would not show up and I think I need to reinstall the game just to get rid of some bugs. If I reinstall the game will my progression in battle scenarios be lost for ever? I hope you can react on my messages and help my with my problem. 

Message 14 of 116 (1,180 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
What version of DX are you running?
Message 15 of 116 (1,165 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Does this happen w/ any other game mode?

Message 16 of 116 (1,164 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SteveZee I am currently running the game on DirectX 12, however I have tried other DirectX versions without any success.

Message 17 of 116 (1,159 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SteveZee I have not tried any other game modes, so I am unaware of this issue in other game modes.

Message 18 of 116 (1,150 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
So just to be clear, did you try disabling DX12 in the video settings menu?
Message 19 of 116 (1,149 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Might wanna also try running other game modes to see how long you last w/o an error

Also that error message might indicate a hardware issue too. The problem might also be the device driver. It could be you need to revert to an older driver to fix it.

Try these and see if it gets better.

Also make sure your video card runs with other games and isn't overheating just to have a good place to start.
Message 20 of 116 (1,146 Views)