Re: Game is not correctly sized for iPad Air

by EA_DragonsEye

Original Post

Game is not correctly sized for iPad (Air, 9th gen, 10th gen)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) ipad air
OS Version 14.4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? use an ipad air to open the game
What do you expect to see? everything sized to scale and appropriately laid out on the screen
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

I moved my game from my phone to my iPad Air, and nothing is displaying properly. There are a lot of things that are too small (see: CAS buttons in the corners), there are hidden items (see: quick tasks hiding behind Emily; Sim names from other players hidden under the sticker selection options), and there is a lot of extra space to the right of several screens that looks like it should be filled by some of the other things I’ve mentioned (see: LlamaZoom and CAS screens).

It is nice to have a larger screen to see things from, but it’s very hard to use the buttons and features that are still sized for the tiny screen I used to use.

Message 1 of 28 (3,572 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @ailurokat! Thanks for your report! This issue has been flagged as a bug!

Message 2 of 28 (3,436 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi, it is now July and my game still looks terrible. I had almost forgotten how poorly sized everything is because I’ve gotten so used to it, but when I see other people’s screenshots I think there is no reason for mine to be so out of proportion. This was marked as a bug but I don’t see anything about it on the bug list? I am sharing another screenshot to show how unnecessarily tiny items are on my screen. Note that Yamachan is standing in front of things that I should be able to see and access on my screen. Also note the very tiny text and image sizes.

65CB314D-7FE0-4520-B35E-9601565ECACB.jpeg

Message 3 of 28 (3,282 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is still an issue for me. It’s still annoying.

It occurred to me - I had an iPad mini a long time ago which I might have installed The Sims Mobile on. It’s possible that my newer iPad is confused by the tablet sizing? Is that something that can be changed or recoded in my game?

Message 4 of 28 (3,004 Views)

Sims moblie small on ipad

★★★ Newbie

I got a new I pad and downloaded my sims app on to it but for some reason it is really small so you can’t read anything on it 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled but still no luck 

please can you help

Message 5 of 28 (2,640 Views)

Re: Sims moblie small on ipad

Hero
@hr3dq2j9dxt1 What model have you purchased? Can you please attach a screenshot that shows the problem?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 6 of 28 (2,559 Views)

Re: Sims moblie small on ipad

★★★ Newbie

I have a iPad ninth generation 

Message 7 of 28 (2,548 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had the same issue on my new iPad Pro. It worked on my iPad Pro second generation, but the new version everything is really tiny and it’s really hard to read the text. I can zoom in on the people but I can increase the menus

Message 8 of 28 (2,850 Views)

Error message and Tiny font

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Ipad 10th generation
OS Version IOS 16.5
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The error message - Fixer upper keeps constantly coming and the font is very tiny
What do you expect to see? The font to be of normal size and the error message to go away
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country India

The icons are really tiny

Message 9 of 28 (2,343 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue for me in my new ipad

Message 10 of 28 (2,334 Views)