Re: Game is extremely lagging (minutelong loading times)

by nina_petite

Original Post

Game is extremely lagging (minutelong loading times)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? ipad pro 2
OS Version os 12.4.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 828-618-487
What type of issue do you have? Network/Connection
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug for about 2 days now (i guess with the latest content update), the game became borderlin unplayable for me. about every 3rd or 4th or 5th tap on the screen results in a loading screen of up to 2 minutes. that is either followed with the game working for some clicks or the message that i have a connection error and "try again".. I first thought it might be the wi-fi of course, but my other stuff runs smoothly, and i have seen posts on forums from others having similar problems, but most guys don't have it in the extreme as i have. like i mentioned it is borderline unplayable currently.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not much to add to the above. it is the same throughout the whole game. opening a character view, switching to arena, switching back to the cantina, farming a node, getting into a raid battle, just everything that has me changing the view can create the loading screen. it either works as alsways or it takes very long, there is no, "a bit longer than usal" it is always either immediate or waiting 1 minute or longer. Connection Type Wifi
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Deutschland

‌‌

<Duplicate templates removed by CM>

Message 1 of 18 (1,774 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

one more day with the same topic, and now i can add a won squad arena match that told me "lost connection to server" and was reported as a draw, what has never happened before.

like i said, the game right now is almost unplayable. it would be really nice if you could help me out

Message 2 of 18 (1,648 Views)

★★★ Novice

Im having the exact same issues you are having since the recent relic update.

Message 3 of 18 (1,616 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Greetings,

I am sorry to hear that. I don’t think that this a result of the last update, more the result of a Bad WiFi Connection.

Since the Relic-update, most players are reporting that the game doesn’t respond by clicking as it was before (fast) or that it is lagging.

In the past I also had the same problem. Therefore I disconnected with the WiFi and connected again, so that my device was trying to connect from new and usually it has worked. I didn’t have to restart the entire game. It was bringing me back at the same point I left with the only difference that some time was gone.

EA is also offering troubleshooting steps for such problems, have you tried those?

Regards.

Message 4 of 18 (1,607 Views)

★★ Novice

the game is lagging insanely since the last update. the last update basically destroyed the game. i already tried different ISPs from 20Mbps to 150Mbps, i tried 4 different routers atm, and nothing solves it. the game is over, too much lag. i can't play on my phone, on my tablet and even on my laptop using an android emulator. the game is ruined.

i tried as much as i could, but it's time to quit now. i really enjoyed the game for 2 years and i'm willing to return, i just hope they notify us when they fix this hideous update.

Message 5 of 18 (1,563 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did try everything short of uninstalling and re-installing, but nothing works till now.. I had twice the feeling it is ok again, when it went smoothly for about 2 or 3 minutes, but then it started again with the loading times and continued with the problematic loading times as before in very short intervalls. It cost me another won squad arena match that did register as a draw after long loading period and my last two grand arena rounds became quite nerverwrecking, when you know you have to fully clear to have a chance but have to wait one or two minutes after each match untill you see that your win was registered. Not the kind of excitement I would like from the game :-(

Message 6 of 18 (1,538 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @nina_petite and sorry to hear that.

We've tested this today with a fresh and clean installation on the iPad Pro 2 (12,9") and did not see any significant loading times after all game files and assets were loaded.

It sounds indeed more like a network/WiFi issue. Have you the option to switch to a strong cellular connection by any chance to see if that improves your experience?

Message 7 of 18 (1,524 Views)

★★ Novice

well! in Android the game is destroyed in all my devices. and i bought a new phone last year, it's great for everything, and it was great for this game until last update, so, if this is good for you, then i'll have to wait a few years until i buy a new phone to try again this game.

anyway, now i'm not even able to login, so... it's finally dead.

Message 8 of 18 (1,472 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem on Android tablet. Having trouble connecting to server. My internet is fine for other apps.

Message 9 of 18 (1,461 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue here on a very reliable gigabit internet connection on a relatively new Samsung Galaxy S10+. Getting error code 9.0.

Message 10 of 18 (1,456 Views)