Game is crashing on me at least once / day

by djaronim

Original Post

Game is crashing on me at least once / day

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: NBA Live Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
Summarize your bug Game crashes as soon as I try a challenge, taking my stamina but not letting me play.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the game, play a few levels, and then try any event that costs 100 stamina and requires full team play. It happens randomly.
What happens when the bug occurs? I click on the button showing an event will cost 100 stamina. It looks like it will refresh, only to have the game vanish, showing my iPad main screen as though no app was open. If I swipe up, it shows as still being open. However, I can click it, and it refreshes the game as though I logged in fresh and it was never open. When I DO reopen the app, my stamina has been removed but I never even made it to the view showing the two teams, which is before gameplay even starts. WHY IS IT TAKING STAMINA BEFORE I START A LEVEL? Normally, once I do close and reopen the app, the event will let me play it. But it takes another 100 stamina, when I can only hold around 400 total at this point in the season. So half my stamina gone for an even I may or may not even win. UGH!
What do you expect to see? Same functionality as last season. If stamina is removed, I should at least make it to gameplay. That said, the crashing is so often that I've considered simply quitting for now, until the bugs get worked out. I definitely liked the gameplay better in the prior season regardless. It just worked right.

Crashing happens at least once per day. 

It always happens when opening a level/event/challenge, and takes the stamina without letting me into the level at all.

I've been unable to complete daily challenges because forcing me to spend 200 for one event due to the crash and double cost has eaten up half the stamina my team can hold. So I wait to recharge it and have to keep logging in to see where I'm at. Makes me less motivated to play, honestly.

Message 1 of 12 (2,422 Views)

Re: Game is crashing on me at least once / day

★★★★ Apprentice

Also - I've done all of the standard troubleshooting from reopening to reinstalling to rebooting to updating iOS. None of that worked.

Message 2 of 12 (2,415 Views)

Community Manager

@djaronim 

Do you know if this happens if you toggle WiFi off and back on or play on mobile if you have free data to see if results are the same? 

You said it's by random, but it's ONLY 100 Stamina events? Can you let me know which ones?

What iPad generation are you playing on?

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 12 (2,391 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I think the iPad is Gen 8 - just bought it in September. It is WiFi only so I don't have another option for my signal.

Yes, it crashed on me yesterday playing the 100 stamina event under "Stone". It also crashed on me with the GOTD event, so maybe not only 100+ stamina. I remember it crashed EVERY TIME I tried the 100 stamina challenge on the last promo that ended a few days ago.

The crashes never happen on the first level I try to play after opening the game. Seems it was pretty often after I watched ads/videos, but it also happened when I was just playing other levels, mostly drills, then trying the team on team gameplay.

Message 4 of 12 (2,370 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Oh, also one more addition:

Yesterday it crashed while opening up a match under Showdown. It matched me first, then as soon as I clicked to play, the game shut down.

When I reopened, it told me I forfeited the match even though I opened it back up immediately.

So it's not just 100 stamina events. It's team on team play.

Message 5 of 12 (2,363 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Happened to me 3 times yesterday costing a total of 250 stamina. Hoping for a fix soon!

Message 6 of 12 (2,331 Views)

The Crashing Is STILL A Major Problem! Mainly on 5v5

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: NBA Live Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
Summarize your bug The game keeps crashing 1-3 times a day, sometimes more. Always on a 5v5 matchup, and it always steals my stamina when it happens.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game on ipad, watch it crash? Load any type of 5v5 and see if it crashes. Mine does multiple times daily.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game vanishes and I See the main screen on the ipad. If I swipe up, it shows the app still open. Doesn't matter. If I click it, the game refreshes completely and I lose the stamina. This has happened on seasons, showdown, and Fan Favorites. I've lost around 800 stamina to this since Monday.
What do you expect to see? A working game where I actually get to play, especially on events that charge 100 stamina.

5v5 makes my game crash, especially after I watch ads or complete sets, but often just at random times. I've started to close it out and reopen before trying 100 stamina events, because that's the only time I can count on it not to crash. this is obviously far from ideal and not how it's supposed to work.

Message 7 of 12 (2,253 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@djaronim Still happening - just submitted a new bug report above.
Message 8 of 12 (2,250 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@djaronim @EA_Blueberry this has happened to me several times in the last week. All three times it took 100 stamina - because all three times I was playing Fan Favourite events. Incredibly frustrating.
Message 9 of 12 (2,214 Views)

★★★ Novice

Today It's not working at all 

Message 10 of 12 (2,206 Views)