★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform: Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Huawei Mate 10 Pro
OS Version: 10
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 587259652
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Twice in 24 hours
Summarize your bug: Game hangs and becomes unresponsive.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game enough, I guess.
Connection Type: Wifi
Please select your region: Europe

Game hung twice in 24 hours, first time in Geo TB Combat Mission yesterday, and second time in Jedi Master Luke event Tier 2 this morning.  In both cases the game suddenly becomes unresponsive and does not recover even after several minutes.  If I switch away from the game and return the screen remains black.  No option but to kill app and/or restart phone.  This would only be a minor irritation if it wasn't for the fact that there is no option to re-try the Combat Mission, and my 30 tickets are now lost, setting me back significantly.  Can I suggest that if the degree of instability in the game cannot be reduced, you at least allow these kinds of encounters to be retried, so failures outside of my control aren't so impactful on my enjoyment of the game?

Screenshot_20201118_083550_com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row.jpgScreenshot_20201119_060546_com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row.jpg

Message 1 of 5 (354 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game hangs and becomes unresponsive

EA Live QV Team

Hi @arbster_ea and sorry to hear that.

We have checked the logs available to us and cannot see a reason in particular for your game hangs/unresponsivness.

Please take a look at our troubleshooting guide to try and stop this from happening in the future. Hope this helps!

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (329 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @arbster_ea and sorry to hear that.

We have checked the logs available to us and cannot see a reason in particular for your game hangs/unresponsivness.

Please take a look at our troubleshooting guide to try and stop this from happening in the future. Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 5 (330 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_UltraSlide I had a feeling this was coming. For context, I had obviously restarted the game after the update yesterday, and routinely restart my device to give SWGOH the best possible chance of working properly.

Would you be able to address my suggestion about making these battles repeatable (possibly in a limited way) to the development team, so that the effect of game crashes is less serious?

Is there any chance I can at least get the 30 tickets back that were lost? I should have been done with Tier 2 today, but instead will take additional time. Nothing can be done about Geo TB, I know.
Message 3 of 5 (321 Views)

EA Live QV Team

As far as I know there are no plans to change the battles to be repeatable if they were not completed. We will bring this suggestion to the team.

Unfortunately, we are unable to refund you the used Light Side tickets, sorry.

Message 4 of 5 (314 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@EA_UltraSlide thank you for another prompt response.  Is the reason you can't refund the lost tickets a technical one, or a policy one, or because you don't believe there is a game fault?  If it's the first of these, perhaps you would be able to offer some other kind of compensation to enable me to make up some of the ground lost due to this bug?  It will require approximately 600 normal energy to recoup the 30 tickets lost.

Message 5 of 5 (300 Views)