Game froze and crashed in GA mid battle

★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Pocophone F1
OS Version 9 PKQ1.180729.001
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 632-135-545
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug I was going against my opponents last line of defences and Ewoks in GA when the game simply decided to freeze. The timer stopped and nothing I could select anymore. The battle obviously counted as a loss and my team was lost. Now I probably lost the chance of winning the overall battle aswell as my team is gone and I do not have enough characters for second tries (he already has a 500k headstart on my GP - thanks for that matchmaking "improvement" btw) while he already lost one and I doubt he'll lose again. So I lost now this battle and along with it any chance of overall win against my current oponent and any chance of an overall win in my group of 8.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into GA and start a battle and do your battle.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region Europe
Country Estonia

I went out of the game to start screen recording but upon coming back to the game it was just black. No use in attaching a black video I guess.

Message 1 of 12 (718 Views)

Re: Game froze and crashed in GA mid battle

★★★★★ Newbie

Same happened to me, started match 20 seconds in game froze. Had to restart game counted as a lose even tho I was more powerful. Lost points and may lose 1st round because of freeze.

Message 2 of 12 (700 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @DarthKatk and thank you for the report.

Do you experience freezing issues more often or was this the first time?

We've checked your account and our internal logs but were unable to find anything related to a freeze. What team did you use and what was your opponent's team composition? Please make sure you close all unused background apps and that you have a strong and stable internet connection before going into important battles.

Message 3 of 12 (684 Views)

★ Apprentice
I have now used two different accounts (my son and mine) on the same phone (Samsung Note 9). I have now used Bluestacks to remove the phone from the equation. Since yesterday's update I have had lock ups in arena, GA, and fleet battles. The day before I had accomplished my fleet feat with no issues (i.e. a ton of battles). So it does seem to be tied to the update.
Message 4 of 12 (671 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_HighCommand It has happened a couple of times before but that was months ago.
I was using Farmboy Luke, Nest, Old Ben against Ewoks.
Having to close all background apps is not really user friendly. Also it has not caused me any problems before. For sure I had some running, but closing them all seems quite unreasonable as the app should work no matter if I have slack, discord etc running at the back or not.
My network connection was about 500 mbps down and 400 mbps up so I highly doubt that was the issue this time.

Message 5 of 12 (659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_HighCommand  i experienced a freeze for the first time ever here as well. except for me, it was luckily at the end of a combat mission in which i scored nothing because i failed to win any waves in the Poggle mission. so this didn't harm my score. but it was definitely a hard freeze. i closed the game by swiping it away, and relaunched it, and again for the first time ever my device said the game wasn't responding and should i wait for it to respond, or shut it down. i chose shut down and then proceeded to attempt to relaunch a 2nd time. which worked. so even though i restarted the game, it was hanging after i closed it.

Message 6 of 12 (643 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just had the game freeze on me during a GAC battle too.  This was the first time i've had this happen.

I was using Palpatine, Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, Grand Admiral Thrawn, and Shore trooper against an Ewok team.

I had killed Paploo and Elder, and then the game froze with 3:27 left.

All buttons disappeared.

Screenshot attached

-osver

SWGOH_frozen.jpg
Message 7 of 12 (618 Views)

★★★ Novice

The game has both frozen and crashed on me during Geo TB CMs. 

Message 8 of 12 (579 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is still happening, not just ewoks. I notice guild members in my guild that have this happening on GA battles also have Samsung note 9s .  

Message 9 of 12 (535 Views)

★ Novice

My ewoks froze against FO well on my way to victory. Counts as a battle against me and their health is reset. This is such trash. I'm going to be pissed if I lose the round. I have to change my strategy now.l and try to scratch out every effing point. 

Screenshot_20190906-213301_Heroes.jpg
Screenshot_20190906-213606_Heroes.jpg
Message 10 of 12 (507 Views)