by Squidhead62

Original Post

Game frequently crashing

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Phone
OS Version 13
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Missing Rewards
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug The game is crashing with most attempts to play. First it cost me a win in squad arena, and then cost me what would have been a win in GAC, because it’s crashing during matches. Infuriating to lose because of a game crash, and to have rewards reflect those losses that would otherwise have been wins.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game, perhaps GAC
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

GAC status reflects one battle attempted, which would have been an easy win had the game not crashed. 

Message 1 of 2 (243 Views)

Re: Game frequently crashing

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having several problems with the game when I switch to another account, specially after the update, and I'm having the same problems on 2 Android emulators: BlueStacks and MeMu.

The game is crashing constantly after the update. I open the game and maybe crash inmediately when join in the Cantina and I need reload it. Then maybe works well during some minutes when I'm playing the first account, but when I switch to the second account it crashes again, sometimes crash just after log out, the game keeps the black screen and not appears the EA intro, sometimes crash in the EA intro, other times crash when appears the Google Play Games accounts selector, or when you select the account opens the Google Play Games and is needed press on the game tab again to reload the account selector, when you choose again the account appears again the screen about select the Guest account or Connect to a Google account, then I need press on the Google account button again and finally loads the account. And now also sometimes is crashing when almost is loaded the game. Also can crash in any other moment, sometimes when you load a new screen in the game, while the screen is loading with a transition, crashes at the middle of the transition.

Before the update also happened some times these bugs, these crashes, but not every 1, 2 or 3 account switches like now, was happening maybe every 20 or 25 switches, and not as frequent, now crash, you reload the game, and maybe immediately crash again, so currently the situation is very annoying and makes harder play the game with different accounts.

Also I tried with different Google Play Games versions, as they updated it recently, I tried with old versiones like 2020.03.x, 2020.04.x and 2020.06.19387 (the current last version, the 19383 is the version that had login problems),but is happening exactly the same in all versions, so is not because of Google Play Games, is because of the game, the last update contains some bug that is generating these multiple crash.

I will do a video tomorrow to show the behaviour of this problem for if it helps the developers to solve the bugs.

Message 2 of 2 (204 Views)