Game freezing due to banner not loading (Apex)

by SamuraiLobster

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game freezing due to banner not loading (Apex)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Ryzen 5 3600X (3.80 Ghz)
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? SamuraiLobster
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? Steam has a temporary overlay, but this doesn't particularly matter in this case as it was not active during bug
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. I was in the lobby, exactly how it appears when opened, except that no banners were loaded and my overhead profile menu had not yet updated, instead just reading "Player"
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I opened the game, got past the initial loading screens, and then got an error.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? No matches, but I've loaded the game 9 or so times. All errors
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 6/12/2021 EST
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I receive an error message (It should be in an attached photo) about a file, and then the game freezes entirely. No games can be played. If I click on anything except the error message I have to entirely force close my computer.
What should be happening instead? Load the file, from what I can tell its a banner/promo file, and from the timing and reading the file name its a banner telling me about gay pride with gibby and Valk
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know, this seems like a me issue, none of my usual squadmates have this problem. This is a desperate call for help.

I've tried everything, I've rebooted my computer, verified the game files, changed internets, and messed about with my Nvidia settings.

Please excuse the poor formatting and crass naming, I've been having sever technical difficulties and I've had a long day.

Just for refrence, I'm BI, I'm not writing this to harm gay pride, I just really wanna play apex. 

Message 1 of 2 (264 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game freezing due to banner not loading (Apex)

Community Manager

Hey @SamuraiLobster

If you follow the file path in that error message it should lead you to the .rpak file that's causing the error. If you can find that file, try renaming it, then verify the file integrity for Apex Legends in Steam. You can find more info on how to verify the file integrity at the Steam Support website

Once you're able to give that a shot let me know if you're still running into the same error. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (215 Views)

All Replies

Re: Game freezing due to banner not loading (Apex)

Community Manager

Hey @SamuraiLobster

If you follow the file path in that error message it should lead you to the .rpak file that's causing the error. If you can find that file, try renaming it, then verify the file integrity for Apex Legends in Steam. You can find more info on how to verify the file integrity at the Steam Support website

Once you're able to give that a shot let me know if you're still running into the same error. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 2 (216 Views)