Game freezing and lagging constantly.

by maggotnado

Original Post

Game freezing and lagging constantly.

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.186.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just by loading in a household and playing. But i think if there’s virtually nothing on the lot it might not be as prevalent but it still happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes, goes unresponsive for a minute. And abnormally laggy.
What do you expect to see? The game to be smooth and definitely not freeze every 5 ish minutes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I noticed this probably about after the pronoun patch but after high school years way worse

Anyone else’s game in the latest version gets so laggy in live mode? and freezes up for minute(s) at a time? i think it’s been happening to a lot of people, but even streamers having the lagging. but it doesn’t fix itself for me no matter what i do. i really hope it will be patched in the next update. Just saying this so i can see if other people are also having the problem. there’s not really anything i can do to fix it so that’s why i was going to put it up here. I feel for the team right now though because there’s a lot to fix. ❤️

Message 1 of 3 (643 Views)

Re: Game freezing and lagging constantly.

★ Novice

Laggy, for sure, just trying to move around the camera in either build or live mode. I am fully patched and updated all mods. This is hard to even play. I turned down my graphic settings, but that had no effect on the lag.

Message 2 of 3 (603 Views)

Re: Game freezing and lagging constantly.

★★ Guide

Same for me. It gets so bad at such random times too. Like barely five minutes after I restart the game (due to lag) it's moving like molasses again. Excessive and annoying and no way to predict when it'll strike. Nothing short of a full game restart lessens the effect, only for it to return.

Message 3 of 3 (574 Views)