Re: Game freezing and becomes unresponsive after moving a plate

by shadedgrey63

Original Post

Game freezing and becomes unresponsive after moving a plate

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try manually moving a plate. Freezing may occur.
What happens when the bug occurs? Moving a plate manually can cause the game to freeze and become unresponsive.
What do you expect to see? The game not to freeze up and become unresponsive when I move a plate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My game has frozen and become unresponsive, making me force quit it sometimes after moving a plate myself. It’s happened 5 times in the last 2 or 3 weeks. 

Message 1 of 16 (1,093 Views)

Hero
@shadedgrey63 Does it matter which house you play ?

There's a similar thread here for kava bowls specifically: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/IL-Kava-Bowl-Crashes-Game/m-p/9960975 which I can't duplicate. Do you also have issues with those ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (1,059 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I don’t play on rotation, so it’s only happened in one household. Back when I played more with IL, I never had an issue with moving the kava bowl. I worry this could have started from the November patch.
Message 3 of 16 (1,042 Views)

Hero
@shadedgrey63 Could you try another house to see if it happens there too (for testing) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (1,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Uh, sure, I’ll play another tonight. 

Message 5 of 16 (1,008 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict Okay, sorry for the late reply. I did not get a freeze from moving a plate in another household no matter how hard I tried. So it must be my lot. Over time I’ve had fewer plates of food on my lot and the problem seems to be getting a bit better. It hasn’t happened since the last time. 
Also, when it had been happening- on two separate lots as the household moved- I had a lot of dumpsters on the lot as I was trying for Death by Flies. After having attained that goal, I no longer have dumpsters on my lot and fewer plates of food to fill them with. I don’t know if the sheer number of plates I had was cusing the game to lag and freeze when I moved them, or if the dumpsters were messing with it. Or maybe I just had too many things on the lot which caused extra lag. Whatever it was, the problem hasn’t been happening now, whether it’s because of my paranoid saving when moving plates or not. I’ll let you know if it happens again. 

Message 6 of 16 (973 Views)

Hero
@shadedgrey63 Does sound like an issue of too many objects and pushing your computer over the edge when moving plates.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (951 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Okay, it just happened yet again on the original  lot, even though it’s a lot emptier. 

Message 8 of 16 (932 Views)

Hero
@shadedgrey63 Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (916 Views)

★★ Guide

Gladly.Standard smile Both houses with this household it happened at are Tier 2 Tiny Homes and have the Frigidaire Refrigerated Display (other home is in Glimmerbrook). I hope you find something! Heart

Save 

Message 10 of 16 (900 Views)