Re: Game freezes/crashes when jumpstarting the truck in Farmstead.

by DreamSphinx

Original Post

Game freezes/crashes when jumpstarting the truck in Farmstead.

★★★ Newbie

Product: A Way Out
Platform:PC
Which mode has this happened in? Online Co-Op
Which character were you controlling? Vincent
Summarize your bug After pushing the truck to the tractor in Farmstead, the game will immediately freeze and/or crash when the key is turned while the jumper cables are attached. If my partner turns the key (Leo), then the game will freeze. If I turn the key (Vincent), then the game will crash. Makes the game unplayable as we can't get past this area.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just do the same thing as in the summary. This was done with an i7 6700k @ 4.00 GHz processor and a GTX 1070TI.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes if partner (as Leo) turns the key, or crash if the host (as Vincent) turns the key.
What do you expect to see? A frozen screen or a crash report.

This screenshot is from when I (Vincent) turned the key to the car. I shouldn't run out of VRAM though as my card has 8 GB of it.

Message 1 of 3 (1,654 Views)

Community Manager

@DreamSphinx

It may be worthwhile running a GPU monitoring app to see if you are maxing out the VRAM,

Try EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner and let us know your results/findings.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (1,636 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_Barry

Hi, just wanted to let you know that we got past the part. I had to lower all my settings to medium/low. Even with that though, the game crashed again with the same message in the hospital during a cutscene with Vincent holding his baby with the medium/low settings.

I just downloaded EVGA Precision, and I'll replay through the farmstead level again on max settings to see what kind of stats I'm getting. Just gotta wait for my coop partner to get on.

Message 3 of 3 (1,621 Views)