Game freezes and emits a buzzing sound

by Virage_Iscariot

Original Post

Re: Game freezes and emits a buzzing sound

★★★ Newbie

I face the same problem on my one plus 3. It happens at really bad times affecting my performance and the performance of my guild 

Screenshot_20190814-081743.jpg
Message 21 of 54 (980 Views)

★ Novice

Another oneplus 6t user here who keeps experiencing the same issue on this new phone (also happened on oneplus 3t). 

You know it's gonna happen because the buzzing sound starts.  Then you get the freeze. The game is unresponsive until you close it.  Doesn't matter how clean your phone is as I've had the crash on a brand new factory reset device where swgoh is the only app on there. 

I thought it might be something to do with the game losing sync with the server but not sure it can be as on closing the unresponsive app the server counts your battle as a loss so its still reporting that ok.  I've just lost out on rolo shards in hoth as the event now shows as complete doh! (don't suppose there is a way players can have this sort of missing shards thing recompensed?)

Quite annoying as I'll now have to wait for the next hoth rebel tb which probably won't be for another couple of months Frown

Anyways good luck everyone. 

Message 22 of 54 (962 Views)

★ Apprentice

same on op7 pro - again today - geo tb , first batte - just freezes.  I play without sound so I don't know about a buzzing Frown

Message 23 of 54 (914 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same here. Device: oneplus 6.

It's happened to me on occasion. Sounds starts buzzing and game will freeze a few seconds later. Only solution is to force close app and restart. I've reported this issue in the past and back then solution was to do clean install, wait half an hour so all assets are downloaded and not let any other aps run in background but the issue keeps persisting and just happened to me again in combat mission on TB.

Its happened to me in HSTR. Mostly P2 and always right at the start when I enter. Same in arena, GA, TW, TB and when it happens its always right when I enter the battle then the buzzing starts and then a few seconds later game freeze. Dont recall it ever happening later in a battle or in later waves

Message 24 of 54 (910 Views)

★ Apprentice

Happened again today in TB. I had a feeling it would happen during the first CM so I opened the recorder. I didn't know it would happen literally right away...is there any progress or even acknowledgement that this is a thing? I promise you if you play on a OnePlus device it will repro...promise!

https://streamable.com/tox3d

Message 25 of 54 (860 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Happened to me today in GeoTB

Oneplus 3 that is clean and runs smoothly.

It just lags and freezes after a few secondes. 

Have sounds off, so don't know about the buzz. 

It seems you have plenty of people reporting it, in different models, so we can be assured it doesn't come from our side. 

Thanks in advance for the fix, it's very enraging if it happens in GA or TB

Message 26 of 54 (842 Views)

★ Apprentice

Another one!! And I paid hard earned money to get to relic 6 and it froze on me in arena...

https://streamable.com/lkuhi

Message 27 of 54 (816 Views)

★★ Novice

This issue happened to me twice! Once yesterday during the Geo CM in TB, and the other today in GAC. Both times had the same thing happen. I'm using a Galaxy S10 phone with a brand-new installation of swgoh.

1. I entered battle.
  2. After about a minute or two, the background music and sound effects turned into a monotone buzzing sound. However I could still play the game.
  3. After about 5 to 10 seconds of buzzing, the game would completely freeze. I waited about 5 minutes hoping the game would unfreeze, but it never happened.
  4. Buzzing would continue until I force-closed swgoh.

Just a side note, I was lucky my first freeze-up didn't cost my guild a star in DS Geo TB. However the second freeze-up in GAC hurt my chances to win my round of GAC. So that's a bummer...

Message 28 of 54 (802 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

With my Moto G5S Plus I have encountered the same issue several times, with the game freezing, and a buzzing sound preceding the freeze by up to a minute. My wife just had the same issue this morning. We both lost a Geo TB match because of the freeze, which hurts us and our guild.

The only solution I've found (if you can call it that) is to close the game and open it before attempting any "one-off" missions or events. This occurs mostly during squad battles, and happens every few days.

Message 29 of 54 (749 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have found a possible reliable reproduction points for you. It seems like you have given up on this however.

In the HSTR as you transition from P1 to P2, this buzzing/freeze crash happens quite often.  So enter P1 of the raid with like 3-4% left...whatever amount that you know you will clear it and progress to P2. During the animation right before P2, the buzzing will happen and you will get into the fight with the ability to move for 20-40 sec and the game will freeze. The only way to clear is either hard reboot of your phone or you can go into the Settings -> Apps -> Force close of the game.

The other common point where this bug happens is in GAC where I face ewoks. I have crashed enough times fighting ewoks that there is something uncommon about that team that causes it.

I promise you if you invest in buying a OnePlus phone...ANY version since its happened to me on the last 4 OnePlus phones (i upgraded on each release), it doesn't matter. Tell you what...if you buy a OnePlus and you CANNOT reproduce this bug, I will buy that phone from you.  Or how about this...can I send you a OnePlus phone and if you do reproduce this, you reimburse me otherwise you get a free phone?  This is really ridiculous that you would let this go on for this long.

Message 30 of 54 (731 Views)