Game freezes and emits a buzzing sound

by Virage_Iscariot

Original Post

Re: Game freezes and emits a buzzing sound

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

i have tried multiple times to attach a video of the freeze. i don't see it here so i don't know if it has been successful.

There are no concrete steps to repro. But in my experience it happens only in a battle...whether its GA, TW, or events. Its seemingly random. It will start buzzing and allow continued fighting from 15 to up to 60 sec and then freeze. I know its this app as i can exit the game (still buzzing) go to the Settings --> Apps (still buzzing) and force close the game and the buzzing will stop and the phone will work normally.

i have uploaded it to youtube.

https://youtu.be/6zZSVXJ4Tuk

Message 11 of 54 (1,240 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am experiencing this issue too. It's not something that just happens once in a while and brings no problems. I think I just another GA round just because of it. I'm also using an OnePlus 6T, had already joined another topic about these freezings/crashings and we haven't got any kind of real help. It feels bad that this game is ignoring these issues over and over again. Think they will wait until everyone gets crashed to fix it. 

Screenshot_20190523-074910.jpg
Message 12 of 54 (1,203 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_HighCommand. Just wondering if there has been any progress made on this? It appears to be a fairly widespread issue and actually has a significant impact on the game if it occurs during a mode such as GA, TB, TW, Arena etc. 

Message 13 of 54 (1,197 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Virage_Iscariot,

Unfortunately no progress or update as of today. Rest assured that we keep digging.

Message 14 of 54 (1,187 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Here's another video. Shows me exiting the game and force quitting and the buzzing stops...I can do this all day...

https://streamable.com/mmxbb

Message 15 of 54 (1,151 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also dealing with the buzz & freeze issue but mine seems slightly different. It started with the Padme update....minor lag and buzzing every couple of seconds. Could watch the cantina droid move & stop, move & stop for a few minutes then all was fine. It only happened a few times a day. Now it has gotten progressively worse to the point where playing the game takes FAR more patience than can be expected. Constant buzzing and freezing, can't scroll down in the store tabs, can't swipe right or left, can't participate in practically anything or the game might freeze and buzz until it crashes or I close the game (where the buzzing continues for about 10-20 seconds). I can literally log into the game and put my phone down for as long as 20 minutes before it clears up enough for me to frantically try to get as much done as possible before it gets ridiculous again. I'll include a video of basic menu navigation plus a squad battle that's so riddled with bugs it's difficult to sit through. Please turn your volume down beforehand.

https://youtu.be/DqldiJ6eftI

Message 16 of 54 (1,097 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also get this problem with my Samsung S8. Seems to happen mainly when Darth Sion is present when entering battle. The sound always crashes first and the gameplay can continue on for varying lengths of time before gameplay freezes. 

Message 17 of 54 (1,080 Views)

★ Apprentice

Add another OnePlus 7 Pro to the list.  There goes Grand Arena Championship and first Geonosian battle.  Yay.

Message 18 of 54 (979 Views)

★ Apprentice

Tell me about it. it happened to me again on the poggle CM of the geo TB. i've kinda given up that EA/CG will fix this. There is no way they haven't seen this yet.

This is the 3rd phone in a row that this is happened to me (yes i swap a lot) lol

Message 19 of 54 (974 Views)

★ Apprentice

This bug is getting more prominent in the Geo TB and GAC. Essentially the new content.  This is the third Geo TB in a row where this buzz freeze bug happens on the first CM I do in zone 1.  This is not a mirage or a figment of our imagination. 

This only happens when you enter a battle. There is no other time during gamplay when this happens. It seems random when it happens however. Meaning there is no rhyme or reason that this battle will freeze or not.  Its CRAZY.  Is there any update to this at all?

Message 20 of 54 (943 Views)