Game freezes and crashes in champion / legend select screen

by Fthisloginstuff

Original Post

Re: Game froze during character select in ranked mode

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Mine gets stuck on a screen right after champion squad, where the logo animation should be. It gets stuck in the middle of that UI animation, I keep hearing the sounds and everything, but task manager shows 0.1% CPU usage.

Edit: My Specs:

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980 Ti Extreme Edition

I3-8350K

32GB DDR4 RAM

Game is installed onto SSD

Message 41 of 71 (1,290 Views)

Re: Frezzing before the dropship.

★★ Apprentice

This is still happening to me and is a huge is a huge issue. Missed out on duos completely thanks to this.

Message 42 of 71 (1,271 Views)

Re: Game freezes and crashes in champion / legend select screen

★★★ Newbie

This is been happening to except I can’t leave the pre game lobby. The game because of this is not playable. It started as bad lag, then went to glitches and now I can’t even play the game because I am stuck in pregame lobby. This been happening since the start of November. I am so frustrated I a can’t finish season three  or play with friends. Since this has happened apex has gone from favorite game to regrets that I have even heard of it. I don’t want this to be worse gaming experiences, however, this is what has come to.

Message 43 of 71 (1,228 Views)

★ Guide

Me too. So annoying.

Message 44 of 71 (1,215 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hey, you can tab out at least. I have to create another desktop and close Apex from the new desktop, because I can't even tab out.

Message 45 of 71 (1,210 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Fthisloginstuff Also having this problem. Still no solution? My game crashes like every 3rd match. I can't play anymore.
Message 46 of 71 (1,112 Views)

★ Novice

Having same issue. I've played this game since release with no issues now it's almost on playable every 3rd or so match it freezes up and have to task manager quit out so my fps have decreased over time when playing. I used to play at like 150fps no lag no problems now I barely get 60 fps 

Message 47 of 71 (1,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Looks like most if not all of us are on Nvidia cards.

Did you and Nvidia do something for the Geforce experience that is causing the vid driver to crash?

Seems that this is a dead driver since at least one player can skip the crashes altogether if they alt tab out before the select screen and don't tab back in until after the ship is rendered.

Seems like someone is missing a draw call through the API and hanging the ap at 0-5%cpu usage while it waits.

More info from event viewer crash.

The program r5apex.exe version 1.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 2f98
Start Time: 01d5a7eb1dd4c989
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Apex\r5apex.exe
Report Id: ff313d04-7784-4d4d-969f-302810b625be
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Top level window is idle

Message 48 of 71 (1,011 Views)

Game freezing just before the dropship

★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1080 TI
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Armtech
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. The characters were just selected and it was transitioning to the dropship
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. boarding dropship
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? around 6
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 05.12.19
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Once the transition from squad cards to dropship just abouts finishes the screen freezes my squad mates who I was talking to in discord see me for a while until I get disconnected from the server
What should be happening instead? I get loaded into the dropship and ready to jump
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I dont know, it happens randomly

basicly sometimes rarly the moment I get loaded into the map my screen freezes and apparently disconnects me from the server (according to my squad). Apparently when I encounter this issue the application does not consider it as a crash since in task manager it says its running fine. No crash log is made and placed into my documents folder and I am unable to alt f4 out of it. When I open task manager it gets placed behind the game so the only way I am able to kill it is by pressing windows + tab, making a new desktop and opening task manager there.

Message 49 of 71 (969 Views)

Re: Game freezing just before the dropship

★★ Novice
@Armtech GTX 1050 TI
8 RAM
SAME THING but it gives me error EVERY SINGLE TIME, let me know if you find a solution.
Message 50 of 71 (937 Views)