Game freezes and crashes in champion / legend select screen

by Fthisloginstuff

Original Post

Re: Apex freezes when choosing a legend

To add to this.

I heard from players if you scroll really fast over the legends and spam pick this can trigger this.

I could not get this myself to trigger but it happened to others

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 11 of 71 (1,790 Views)

Re: Why does my Apex keep freezing on countdown or champion selection?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Same thing for me, freezes before or right when the counter ends. Also random freeze with no errors during gameplay, sometimes I have weeks with no crashes but sometimes 10 freezes in one day

RX480 8gb

i5-7500

Win 10

Message 12 of 71 (1,739 Views)

★ Guide

Please fix this. The game is unplayable for use. Loosing points and KD ratio going downhill. Not that I am great player but it still bad.

Message 13 of 71 (1,770 Views)

apex freezing on game start

★★★★★ Novice

games' been freezing tonight.
not like an in-game freeze / stutter. It's been happening at the start of rounds, almost every 2nd round tonight.
i'll load in, choose my legend, but on loading into the dropship the whole thing just freezes up and i'm stuck on the selected legend screen. no improvement if i leave it for a few secs/mins. game won't close if i 'close' from windows, i have to get to task manager and end process.

I currently have discord, origin and NVIDIA running in the background (along with windows things and f.lux)

Message 14 of 71 (1,810 Views)

Champion

This happens me today.

Unable to connect servers. Shocked

Message 15 of 71 (1,738 Views)

APEX LEGENDS SCREEN FREEZE

★★★ Newbie

Almost a 2 weeks now when i play apex after 3-4 game my screen freeze and i have to go to task manager and close it .It really pisses me off and a cant do nothing.I dont think its my laptop's problem with an intel i5 ,a 1050ti 4gb and 8gb ram with EVERY setting in low.I did recently a windows update and since then i have this problem.Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Message 16 of 71 (1,741 Views)

Re: apex freezing on game start

★★★ Newbie
@AU-MoreDragons Try Updating the game, there might be a patch, if not, check if your pc is having a hard time running the game.
Message 17 of 71 (1,738 Views)

★ Novice

Yes this is happening to me every 2nd match. typically immediately after choosing the legends when the flag transition screen loads before drop ship. started with latest patch when FPS dropped significantly. rolled back video drivers with no results.

Message 18 of 71 (1,712 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just adding that this is happening to me too, on the legend screen, usually when someone is choosing multiple legends. GTX 1080.

Message 19 of 71 (1,702 Views)

Re: GAME FREEZING WHEN JOIN THE SECOND MATCH AFTER NEW UPDATE

★★★★★ Guide

Thank God I thought I'm the only one with this problem, Is it fixed yet?

Message 20 of 71 (1,724 Views)