by crinrict

Original Post

Game freezes after final reveal in dream home decorator

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Journey to Battuu and a few stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Complete a decorating job and reveal it to the client.
What happens when the bug occurs? Either after the reveal or during getting the final verdict the game will gray screen and freeze to the point where I can't even shut it down properly. The first job everything went fine, but now it does this every single time. Even if I chose to not do the reveal myself it still happens and now my Sim is stuck on the clients lot -_-
What do you expect to see? The job to finish to completion with no issues.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch and installation of Eco Life, Nifty Knitting, and Dream Home Decorator

I do use mods/CC but I can see that this happens to those who do not. This is extremely frustrating and disappointing, as the bug all but makes that career pointless if you have to send your Sim alone just so the game doesn't freeze. 

Message 1 of 4 (533 Views)

Re: Game freezes after final reveal in dream home decorator

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ampellis76 There are several issues with the reveal but that blue hue/grey is usually related to either TOOL, BBB or CleanUI. Maybe even UICheats Extension

Please test without mods and make sure the mods you're using are updated for the latest version.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (497 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I played with mods when I tried it for the first time and everything went fine. There was no difference between that time and when the issue started. Everything is updated to the latest version though! What are the ones you mentioned? Forgive me but I don't recognize any of those abbreviations lol.
Message 3 of 4 (472 Views)

Hero
@ampellis76 Mods get outdated with other mods. Besides BBB, that's are the actual names. BBB is better build

Please remove all mods and test without. Also delete your localthumbcache file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (458 Views)