Game falls to 10 fps when playing longer sessions

by pwcreations

Original Post

Game falls to 10 fps when playing longer sessions

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I play longer sessions (about 1 or 2 hours), the game suddenly falls down to 10 fps and this is only fixable when I press the esc button. Then it fixes itself.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game is pretty slow and falls down to 10 fps eventhough I have 60 all the time.
What do you expect to see? That the game doesn't lag this much when I play longer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This first occured when I installed the 1.63.133.1020 Patch.

I can confirm that my specs are way above the required ones.

Same happens on my bf's computer and with a fresh installed TS4. Sometimes it doesn't fix itself so that I need to exit to the main menu.

I have no mods installed but it happens with both mods installed and none. Also with a fresh Sims 4 folder.

We tried to determine if maybe the game takes up too much vram but this is not the case. The RAM and also the vram isn't overloaded at all and we still have plenty of space available.

This also first appeared when I installed the 1.63.133.1020 Patch so it must be a bug within that patch.

Message 1 of 8 (1,804 Views)

Re: Game falls to 10 fps when playing longer sessions

Hero
@pwcreations Could you try if you have the same issue if you disconnect your computer from the internet completely ?

There is this issue that's been going on for a while now: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Incredibly-Low-FPS-when-connected-to-Int...

That said, I do see lags in my game but only after loading a lot. It goes to normal after a while.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,769 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, also happens with internet disconnected
It's strange that it occured just after the newest patch but not before

Message 3 of 8 (1,743 Views)

Hero
@pwcreations For completion sake could you add the following files to your post

- DxDiag
- Config.txt (found in doc)
- Is it happening on specific saves or also new ?
- Do you have lots of files in your tray folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,737 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Happens on new and old saves. Doesn't matter and on my current save I have around 750 Tray files.
On a newly generated sims 4 folder it also happens.

I should add that this happens on a fresh installed ts4 on my bf's computer too-
Most of the time it happens when I enter buymode but also randomly when I play longer

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 5 of 8 (1,713 Views)

Hero
@pwcreations Could you try what happens if you move the tray folder to the desktop and clear cache files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,690 Views)

★ Guide

Makes no difference sadly. FPS still drops down and won't go any higher than 20 until I press esc. Then I can play just normal until the next fps drop happens.

Message 7 of 8 (1,667 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I'm not sure about fps but my game is really slow all the time now. I play with no mods or cc, offline and with my firewall off, on not the best laptop and my game ran fine until the patch and then got super slow after knifty knitting. I click on an action and it takes a few seconds for my sim to react. I also have the cake issue and the clay problem. I updated my graphics driver, deleted the files i could in the Sims folder and cleared the origin cache and repaired the game and its still super slow.
Message 8 of 8 (1,608 Views)