Game crashing

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Iphone6
OS Version iOS 12.4.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 655-936-491
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug Zz
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Australia
Country australia

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 6
OS Version 12.1.4
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 655-936-491
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug My game is crashing quiet consistently many times throughout the day doing various things. It takes me to my home screen of my phone without warning. It happened 3 times in a row during rebel round up yesterday and twice during TW today. This crash has been happening ever since I updated with your recent patch. I have cleared my caches, updated iOS, deleted the game and reinstalled it and it still continues to happen, seems like a memory issue on my phone as the game has become laggy during certain loading times and at the start of any battle sequence. I can’t really play this game competitively now unless I buy a new phone, is there anything I can do to stop crashes so I don’t lose GA/TW fights
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Australia
Country Australia

Message 1 of 33 (2,372 Views)

Re: Game crashing

★ Apprentice
Same problem, started for me last week, tw is basically unplayable
Message 2 of 33 (2,284 Views)

★★ Novice

Same for me

Message 3 of 33 (2,251 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same for me unfortunately. The app crashed at least:

- 2 times during fights in the current TW, leading to teams being wasted

- 1 time at the end of P4 of one hAAT raid, and

- 1 time while doing nothing specific, probably while in TW overview or Cantina screen.

Some guild mates report the same.

Ally code: 672-977-745

Device: iPad Air (1. Gen)

iOS: 12.1.4

Connection: Wifi

I am pretty sure it started with the last QoL-Update. I deleted the game already and installed completely new, did some reboots on the device as well. No improvement at all.

In addition the fights both in squad and fleet arena became really, really sluggish, next to being unresponsive as the game is struggling with the animations. In arena this has cost me 2-3 fights because this caused some timeouts for me. Might be a memory issue?

In the respective forum thread for the update 2 people reported something similar (performance issues):

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1803870/#Comment_1803870

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1804135/#Comment_1804135

This causes a lot of frustration with the game for me. It never struggled so much before. It would be awesome if this situation could be investigated.

All the best

Message 4 of 33 (2,250 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Seems like after talking to a large pool of people it’s mostly iPhone6 and older iPad users who are being affected the most, on he holotable screen, at the end of hAAT or like me and many others in TW. 

I dont know if its TW/GA lagging the servers or the game using too much RAM and our old phones not keeping up but I know that I’m not looking forward to GA tomorrow

Message 5 of 33 (2,237 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I've experienced the same problem. Random crashes, mostly in the cantina, but got one today that caused me to lose a TW battle.

Started after the recent QoL update.

Message 6 of 33 (2,233 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi all and thank you for the reports.

We've flagged this for further investigation now.

Message 7 of 33 (2,218 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue on my iphone 6

Message 8 of 33 (2,191 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm with the same problem... and you described the bug better than me

My ticket: here

Message 9 of 33 (2,114 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
Thanks for adding to the ticket guys I believe many iPhone 6 and older models are being affected with crashes in hAAT and TW and many tickets have been opened so they are aware of the problem now
Message 10 of 33 (2,079 Views)