Game crashing without error on PC

by WiLLinG1

Original Post

Game crashing without error on PC

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm playing GRID Legends from Origin with EA Play Pro subscription, game crashing only when loading a race in career mode, didn't have crashes in story mode, game can crash after i'm just launched it and choose a race to play or it can be 2 or 3 hours without crashing, or if it's set of 2, 3 races in a row, game can crash when loading next race, so it only crashing when loading a race, never in a active race

My PC:

Core i7-9700K

GeForce RTX 2070

32 GB RAM

Game installed on nvme SSD, but tried to move it on hard drive, still crashing

Message 1 of 6 (2,534 Views)

Re: Game crashing without error on PC

★★★★★ Apprentice
@WiLLinG1 didn't play for a month and it still crashing, just launched a race and game just crashed without any errors, guess i have to skip this game
Message 2 of 6 (2,179 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This still happens with 3.2 sometimes. The game closes with no error. I don't know if it creates crash dump files so we can attach them here... Let me know and I will.

Message 3 of 6 (1,847 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

It's crashing for me as well just before races finish loading, and I'm also using an RTX 2070. This happens frequently, about 15-30% of the time or 2-5 times an hour. In addition to crashing while loading races, it recently started crashing occasionally while joining sessions or while waiting in lobby for the race to start

Oftentimes I cannot rejoin the lobby I was in when the game crashes

I have the deluxe version from Steam

I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and the crashing behavior is the same. I'm using the latest driver for my graphics card

Edit:

I followed the recommendations found in this thread https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/crash-without-error/m-p/11312678/highlight/true#M17

They are as follows:

1. Download and install all available Windows Updates

2. Run System File Checker to ensure the integrity of your Windows System files: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

3. Perform a clean boot before starting the game: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 or http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

4. Check your machine meets the system requirements

Windows was already fully up to date, the integrity of my system files was 100% fine, and my system meets the requirements. Clean boot (#3) is the only variable that I changed and it seems to be working better after that. I tested six races over the course of an hour or so without a single crash. I'll do more testing and report back later

Message 4 of 6 (1,324 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's still crashing to desktop while loading events, sometimes not for an hour and sometimes twice in a row. I've tried everything mentioned above as well as fullscreen, windowed fullscreen, and windowed modes

Message 5 of 6 (1,219 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just got the game a few hours ago, to start with the Origin app was pathetic so I spent two hours looking into that, installed EA app and finally could install game, were over 3 hours now and the game installed fine, start game... Yea it will not start! coming up to almost 5 hours of following all the crap were told to do in the false hope I i can play this game.

No chance, instant CTD for me, more than enough spec, nothing left to try!!!!!!!!!!... The damage this has done to me regarding the companies involved is unmeasurable. I will smile when my refund comes in, I don't even know where I can see what version of game I have, its soooo wrong this, so very very wrong on every level. I will not get that time back EA...........

Message 6 of 6 (1,146 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help