Game crashing the the ensuing penalty

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Sapphire Radeon RX 590 Nitro+
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Johnorable
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? N/A
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? N/A
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Character selection
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Hovering my mouse over different characters
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 5-6
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 01.03.20 12:20
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? During character selection, whenever I just drag my mouse over multiple legends, the screen just freezes and music continues to play. I'm forced to close apex with the task manager and restart the game. Previously, I've been granted forgiveness, however, now I'm beginning to get penalised for the game crash, which is troubling
What should be happening instead? It should allow me to select a legend without crashing...
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt character selection 7-10 times, you'll likely encounter it

I'm sure others have been encountering the same problem - My setup is certainly strong enough for Apex, as is my internet.

Message 1 of 7 (883 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game crashing the the ensuing penalty

Community Manager

Hey @jnaughton29

The issue with the game locking up or crashing after/during Legend Select is something that we're currently tracking. The Apex Legends team is investigating, but I'm afraid we don't have a time frame on how long it may take for this to be resolved. 

In the meantime we've heard that alt-tabbing the game after selecting a Legend can help with this. If you leave the game alt-tabbed until everyone is in the dropship before bringing the game window back up it should let you drop and play the round. 

Thanks for bearing with us on this. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (827 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @jnaughton29

The issue with the game locking up or crashing after/during Legend Select is something that we're currently tracking. The Apex Legends team is investigating, but I'm afraid we don't have a time frame on how long it may take for this to be resolved. 

In the meantime we've heard that alt-tabbing the game after selecting a Legend can help with this. If you leave the game alt-tabbed until everyone is in the dropship before bringing the game window back up it should let you drop and play the round. 

Thanks for bearing with us on this. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 7 (828 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you!

Message 3 of 7 (820 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sounds like a known issue so why the game that is crashing for so many reasons is given penalties? In my case is random crash, sometimes I can play from the 1first game and sometime it crashes at the first game, is there any other way to tell the game is crashing, so we don't get penalty?

Message 4 of 7 (795 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I crashed when a match started in season 6 tonight (PC) due to a video driver. So I updated came back and the 10 min penalty was going because it was a ranked match... 

It is what it is, but still sucks... 

Message 5 of 7 (614 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey man, my game crashed bc of my awful wifi, and every time this happens i try to log in, then it giuves me 10 min penalty and is really annoying please fix this, its bnot my fault our wifi is bad

Message 6 of 7 (388 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

Since this is a pretty old thread that's been inactive for a couple years I am going to lock it to prevent further necro-posting. 

If you need some help with a similar issue please create a new thread, and we can take a look. Thanks!

Kent.png
Message 7 of 7 (367 Views)