Game crashing since 6/4/19 update

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD Radeon rx 570
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? JohnBonJovie
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. all the time
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. everything
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 06.05.19 08:30
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Game is crashing randomly and without a crash log. Simply crashing to desktop in the lobby, in the game, when things are happening, when things are not. Game seems smoother since the update yesterday, but cannot run the game for more than 5-8 minutes without a crash now, sometimes it crashes before it even finishes loading. Was doing 'fine' last week before the patch. * I have accepted the random crashing if I can at least play one whole game per session.
What should be happening instead? Fun.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? These questions do not seem intuitive.

Game is crashing randomly and without a crash log. Simply crashing to desktop in the lobby, in the game, when things are happening, when things are not. Game seems smoother since the update yesterday, but cannot run the game for more than 5-8 minutes without a crash, sometimes it crashes before it even finishes loading. Was doing 'fine' last week before the patch. * I have accepted the random crashing if I can at least play one whole game per session.

Pretty annoyed. Gonna find something else to do until another patch.

Message 1 of 7 (643 Views)

Re: Game crashing since 6/4/19 update

Community Manager

@JackHoffensleep 

Would you mind attaching a DxDiag for us so we can take a look at your PC specs? We know this stuff can be frustrating and we're all here to help find a fix to keep you in Kings Canyon.

Go into Origin's Application Settings and check to see if Origin In-Game is disabled. We've seen others avoid lag and crashes after disabling that.

Right-clicking on the game in Origin and selecting "Repair" is worth a shot before attempting to reinstall (which we've seen resolve crashes too)

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 7 (607 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep, I have 3 ENTIRELY different desktops that I have tried playing with and they all reacted the same way yesterday. Today, I cannot even get the game to connect (I assume they are emergency patching or something).

But here's the dxdiag from one of my systems...

Message 3 of 7 (556 Views)

Community Manager

@JackHoffensleep 

Your Windows 10 build is 15063. Can you update it to the latest Windows 10 build? Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates.

Your Radeon HD GPU should have a newer driver for it. Updating these two things should help reduce crashes/freezes. After taking a quick look at Radeon HD 7800 cards from AMD's site there are updates in May and June.

PC Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 7 (511 Views)

★★ Novice

Updated Windows on this PC, took about 5 hours, then installed newest Radeon drivers.

Loaded up the game, and was able to play a single game!! Then loading into the second game, the system hung and I had to manually restart my computer.

I'm not sure if I want any more suggestions. I know people are just trying to help but I'm at my wit's end. The game was running "fine" for me a week ago (1/3 games would crash with either a sync or memory error, or some error I've never seen before), but now I am back to scrambling to adjust settings in order to actually play. I'm so mad that this game is so fun to play but never consistently.

Message 5 of 7 (470 Views)

★★ Novice

bad_module_info is my new crash message. I tried all the "fixes" for this bug (https://youtu.be/x_9lrXIah7Y) - disabled fs optimization and run as admin on apex and origin, repaired apex, changed the max fps several times, and nothing has worked. Crashes are random but inevitable every single time, and extremely infuriating.

I can't take it any more. Might take a ragebreak for a little while.

Message 6 of 7 (440 Views)

Community Manager

@JackHoffensleep 

A patch is going live today for all platforms. Try giving the FPS_max command another try to see if that helps keep you in games.

6.11.2019 PATCH NOTES

• The following config commands are now enabled:

• fps_max

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 7 (404 Views)