Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashing my pc

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2100 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (all up to date at the time of writing)
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Thewolf10110
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. After a timeout from inactivity
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Anything on any program
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Not in a match but when i leave it running in the backgroung and the timeout occurs
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashing my PC when disconnecting from server due to inactivity.
What should be happening instead? My PC should not crash
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I would imagine that letting the game timeout in the background and doing something like (ALT + F4) or after a given time it even crashes without returning to the game

I dont know what I should write here.

Message 1 of 6 (484 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game crashing my pc

Community Manager

@thewolf10110 

Ah, I see. Thanks!

Let's take a look and see if we can help stop these freezes. First, have you had the chance to try validating the game files in Steam? If there's a problem with the game files that might help with the issue. For more information on how to verify the file integrity check out the Steam Support website

Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (448 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @thewolf10110

Are you seeing any error messages or anything when this happens? Are you getting BSODs, or is your PC just shutting off with no error? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 6 (472 Views)

★★ Novice

It just freezes and I have to manually shut down the pc

Message 3 of 6 (468 Views)

Community Manager

@thewolf10110 

Ah, I see. Thanks!

Let's take a look and see if we can help stop these freezes. First, have you had the chance to try validating the game files in Steam? If there's a problem with the game files that might help with the issue. For more information on how to verify the file integrity check out the Steam Support website

Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 6 (449 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent ok I did that. And it seems that that was the issue thanks a lot
Message 5 of 6 (445 Views)

Community Manager

@thewolf10110 

Excellent! I'm glad to hear it helped. Thanks for following up to let me know. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (391 Views)