Game crashing during Grand Arena battle

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Huawei p9 lite
OS Version Android 7.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 413-288-196
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Game crash caused defeat in Grand Arena
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know, it's not my job to look into these things. The game just crashed with no error message, so I can't have screenshots of it.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Italy

During a pivotal match in Grand Arena, the game just crashed with no error message. This will probably cause my defeat in the first phase. Is this even possible? Do I have to accept defeat for a game bug? 

Message 1 of 5 (464 Views)

Re: Game crashing during Grand Arena battle

★★★★★ Novice
Uhm, can I have an answer? I see you answering the other topics, is mine invisible?
Message 2 of 5 (454 Views)
Highlighted

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Drazhar91 and sorry to hear that.

That sounds more like a technical issue than a bug (we haven't received a large number of crash reports for GA). We've checked the logs for your account for that time and could not find anything unusual. If you experience crashes more often, we would recommend a clean and fresh reinstallation of the game and close all unused background apps.

Message 3 of 5 (453 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
And what should I do? Do I have to accept defeat? The game simply went down like when you swap from one app to another and when I immediately got back to it it restarted by itself. I hope I won't have to lose this phase due to this.
Message 4 of 5 (443 Views)

Just to clarify - one player's device causing the game to crash can be caused by any number of things, including a RAM overload on the device, a conflict from another app, etc. That means that a problem causing the crash is likely related to your device or your installation (for example if some files were downloaded incorrectly).

If multiple players come here and start reporting game crashes during certain game modes (such as what happened with the very first Grand Arena), then it indicates a SWGOH system or server issue that needs to be addressed by the development team.

It's really unfortunate that your game crashing on your phone caused you to lose a battle. Whenever game crashes happen, the server treats the battle as a loss, because otherwise it would open up the game to exploitation by the user (and allow multiple attempts via airplane mode, like in a raid).

Hopefully you don't see anymore crashes. If you do, try clearing your phone's RAM before playing, or do a fresh reinstall like HighCommand recommended, and see if either reduces your rate of game crashing. Good luck!