by SandyBee3

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Game crashes when trying to place a community Lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tried everything including repairing the game. Deleting old Sims 4 folder for the game to create a new one.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes and exits.
What do you expect to see? It not happening again. Being able to place community Lots and even use them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch 1.80

Hello everyone,

I have the issue that my game crashes if I want to place a community lot from the gallery. I know there is a similar issue where it happens if the Lot includes mannequins. But even with Lots that have no mannequins in them the game crashes.

Sometimes I can figure out how to make it work once, but the will crash if I repeat that with another lot or try to change the placement of the Lot…

What I tried in game

1. Turning the Lot into residential and then place the community Lot as residence and then turn it to Lot type i wish… will work once but crash doing it the second time

2. Placing the Lot without move objects on from edit word without entering build mode directly after placing it. Here again will work once but the game will crash if I try it again.

Outside of the game 

1. literally everything that would be suggested including repairing the game, deleting old Sims 4 folder starting the game completely vanilla with no tray files and saves.  Still the same issues. Default builds you get ask to place by a fresh start are having no issues. Also only community lots no residence builds.

My laptop also meets all the requirements for Sims 4… having this issue since the latest patch. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 11 of 33 (8,763 Views)

Re: Game crashes when placing a lot from gallery

★ Guide

I renovated a lot in magnolia promenade. I tried to place into my save I created with all the worlds edited and lots edited to my liking and it crashes my game every time. I've tested other lots. game runs fine. I've tried placing this lot in build mode from world manager - crashed. I've tried place the lot in as residential with a sim in live mode - crashed. I've tried placing it in a new save- crashed. I've tried placing it in build mode outside of world manager - crashed. please help. 

Message 1 of 33 (10,289 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey @TheSpaark,

To start, I'd recommend getting a DxDiag and attaching it to your post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/HOW-TO-DxDiag-PC-Only/td-p/1049584

Also, make sure that the game is updated in Origin as there was a recent patch. You can do this by right-clicking the game tile and selecting 'Update.' If it's updated, try the 'Repair' option instead.

If your game is modded, please move the mod folder to a temporary location (like your desktop) and try to place the lot then. If you're no longer experiencing the crashes after this, then it's likely due to one of your mods causing the issue.

Here's some other good tips you can try if needbe: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/FAQ-Sims-4-Crashes/td-p/3586547

Hope this helps!

-OatsNBiscuits

Message 2 of 33 (10,218 Views)

★ Apprentice

@TheSpaark yazdı:

Manolya gezinti yerinde çok şey yeniledim. Oluşturduğum tüm dünyaları beğenime göre düzenlenmiş ve çok sayıda düzenlenmiş kaydıma yerleştirmeye çalıştım ve her seferinde oyunumu çökertiyor. Diğer lotları test ettim. oyun iyi çalışıyor. Bu lotu dünya yöneticisinden derleme moduna geçirmeyi denedim - çöktü. Canlı modda bir sim ile çok konut olarak yerleştirmeyi denedim - çöktü. Yeni bir kaydetme çökmesine yerleştirmeyi denedim. Dünya yöneticisinin dışında inşa moduna yerleştirmeyi denedim - çöktü. lütfen yardım et. 

i am also having this problem. nothing comes down from the gallery, especially on 64x64 plots. This is how the game was after the update. I contacted ea and explained my problem. lands are problematic. I think you should also write to ea.

Message 3 of 33 (10,179 Views)

★ Apprentice

@oatsnbiscuits wrote:

Hey @TheSpaark,

To start, I'd recommend getting a DxDiag and attaching it to your post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/HOW-TO-DxDiag-PC-Only/td-p/1049584

Also, make sure that the game is updated in Origin as there was a recent patch. You can do this by right-clicking the game tile and selecting 'Update.' If it's updated, try the 'Repair' option instead.

If your game is modded, please move the mod folder to a temporary location (like your desktop) and try to place the lot then. If you're no longer experiencing the crashes after this, then it's likely due to one of your mods causing the issue.

Here's some other good tips you can try if needbe: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/FAQ-Sims-4-Crashes/td-p/3586547

Hope this helps!

-OatsNBiscuits

I tried every way, updated, repaired. nothing has changed. Errors started to multiply as I entered the game. cottage living won't open either. I can't download anything from the gallery on the fields. I hope they fix the problem as soon as possible. thank you for your help.

Message 4 of 33 (10,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Mine is doing this too.

Temporary fix. Change the lot type to nonretail, place from gallery, switch to retail after placing. Retail lot type is bugged.

Message 5 of 33 (8,996 Views)

★★ Novice

I think I had this problem, everytime I was placing a lot or trying to modify a lot from the city, the game would crash. In my case it came from the mod slice of life, i removed it and now it all works fine. 

Message 6 of 33 (8,982 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Game Crashing when Placing Retails/Lots with mannequins

★★★★★ Novice

The game crashes even with community lots that have no mannequins, at least they aren't shown in the gallery. Maybe mannequins that are in the hidden objects section. I can't place anything, no retail, no restaurant nothing. I even deleted my Sims 4 folder, repaired the game etc etc... it still crashes. EA is doing nothing i don't get it

Message 7 of 33 (8,861 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SandyBee3 Could you list name/creator of some of these for checking ?

@generuler4 Do you have an example ? Creator/name of the lot ?

Did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing mods ?

This thread is for lots without mannequins. To find out if the lot uses Mannequins, do as follow. 

1. Check if the GTW is a used pack and if it is, click on the icon
    Bild_2021-10-21_122938.png
  2. Click on the Show used Items button

Bild_2021-10-21_123030.png
  3. Check if the lot has Mannequins
    Bild_2021-10-21_123128.png
  4. If the lot has mannequins, me too this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Game-Crashing-when-Placing-Retails-Lots-with-mannequins/m... instead of this one. Examples are not needed
  5. If the lot doesn't have mannequins, please post the name/creator in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 33 (8,864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrictRGR_ Gaming Grand Movie Theater and Little Italy Pizzeria

In a clean new Folder, i can manage to get it placed once.. the moment i try to change the placement of the lot it crashes, the moment i try to place another lot it crashes as well.

Message 9 of 33 (8,860 Views)