Game crashes to desktop with no error

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 2080 Super
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? RealOmmand
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Any
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Anything this does not matter
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0-10 it's really random
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 19.09.2020 23:10
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Game freezes for a sec and then crashes to desktop with no error shown. Log files in documents does not appear.
What should be happening instead? Game continues I guess
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know. It can crash at the very start of the match. Or in the last fight. Or somewhere in between. Or maybe it doesn't crash for a few matches, or a lot of matches and then crashes. I would love to provide more info but I don't know how.

This began to happening after the update when 25 shield points had been brought back (after a nerf), never happened before. I also tried to play on a clean freshly installed latest version of Windows and it crashed. Help me pls. Thank you.

Message 1 of 6 (1,090 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game crashes to desktop with no error

★★ Novice

I think I got it - this was because of the poor OC I did. I think there were some L0 errors I missed. I did just reset the BIOS and everything goes smooth now. Thanks for your help!

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (1,031 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @RealOmmand

When you've got a chance would you mind starting up your PC in a Clean Boot before you launch Apex Legends to see if that makes a difference at all? If there's anything else running on the PC that might be causing these crashes that might help to get around it. 

For more information on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you've got the chance. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,035 Views)

★★ Novice

I think I got it - this was because of the poor OC I did. I think there were some L0 errors I missed. I did just reset the BIOS and everything goes smooth now. Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 6 (1,032 Views)

Community Manager

@RealOmmand 

Gotcha, thanks for following up! I'm glad to hear you were able to figure out what was causing the issue. I appreciate you sharing the details. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 6 (933 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent same problem here, started with the beginning of season 8. No error message, the game just quits completely when I load in to a match.
Message 5 of 6 (538 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @NotZynnx

Are you also playing on PC? If so, what happens if you try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot before launching Apex Legends? Does the game still crash? You can find more information on how to set up a Clean Boot over at the EA Help website

If you're still running into crashes after trying a Clean Boot would you mind posting a DxDiag so we can take a look. You can find more details on how to pull one up over at the EA Help site. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (445 Views)