Game crashes to desktop on PC since patch

by lookitswally

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game doesnt load at all

★★★ Newbie

I tried from the origins app and the shortcut itself, a window pops up for a split second and then closes and the origins app window opens back up, I tried most the tips for other problems to see if theyd work but its never changed. Madden 19 plays just fine, 8 core amd pros,  32 gigs of ram and a 7970 3gig vc 

Message 1 of 28 (934 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My game crash while playing I really need help

Community Manager

@lookitswally 

We're aware of reports of performance issues such as in this thread but we're not witnessing any known issues around crashes for the game that's outside of the ordinary. 

Have you tried reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files for your PC?

I know going through all of this has been consuming and I really appreciate you baring with me on this. 

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 28 of 28 (940 Views)

All Replies

Game crashes to desktop on PC since patch

★★ Apprentice

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:PC
Which console generation do you have?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? lookitswally
Date/time issue occurred Since latest patch
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Ultimate Team
Which part of the mode? Solo Challenges
Summarize your bug Since the latest game update yesterday i crash in every other game. Sometimes the game just freezes, sometimes it crashes to desktop after a couple of seconds, sometimes it instantly crashes. No error messages though. I lost two solo battles due to this and now i constantly crash on all the most feared solos. I can't even finish the MUT10 challenge, tried 4 times, always crashes at random time. I already tried repairing the game, updating my graphipcs driver or switching DirectX version...
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Test it on PC? Surely i can't be the only one that has the issue. The game worked flawlessly and without any crash before yesterdays patch!
What happens when the bug occurs? The. Game. Crashes. To. Desktop.
What do you expect to see? No comment.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB

Since latest game update i experience random crashes on PC. Not a single issue before the patch.

Message 2 of 28 (996 Views)

My game crash while playing I really need help

★★ Apprentice

I bought the Madden 20 Ultimate Superstar Edition 1 day ago the game crash every time I play, it last for 2 minutes and it freeze for less than 2 seconds then close, EA support spoke to me by phone and Mail but nothing have solve my issue, I came to the community of players as my last hope. Its really sad when you buy something and you can not enjoy it. I add my DxDiag here so you guys can take a look.

Message 3 of 28 (918 Views)

Re: Game crashes to desktop on PC since patch

★★★★ Apprentice
@lookitswally So far this week i have lost 3 solo battles (yay now i don't get mvp) and 3 h2h games to these frerezes. Our builds are basically the same, the problems are the same. EA fix this.
Message 4 of 28 (955 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@DrLatBC I went and uninstalled and reinstalled Origin as well as Madden, and it MIGHT have fixed it, so far i haven't crashed again and i played quite a few games. You never know though. It's very disheartening that this stuff happens in the first place as the game is enough of a grind as it is.
Message 5 of 28 (943 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@lookitswally trying now. Hopefully will fix it for me.
Message 6 of 28 (937 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this is happening to me too! I did exactly everything you did and I  still crashing !

its very frustrating since Ive put money in the game -.-

Message 7 of 28 (930 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@lowlownloco160 Yeah i take it back. It actually worked for a while now i am crashing again.
Message 8 of 28 (924 Views)

★★ Novice

Has been happening to me too, except in Franchise. Ever since the update my players havent been getting snaps counted towards their dev trait. I'm also getting anywhere from 3-4 crashes a game, happens on the first snap of the game sometimes

Message 9 of 28 (906 Views)

Re: Game doesnt load at all

Community Manager

@Drunkard3669 

Hey there. Are you still having some trouble launching Madden 20 on your PC?

Would you be able to see if you can launch the game by running Origin as Administrator after you perform a clean boot? A clean boot will let us know if there's a program running in the background that's conflicting with Origin/Madden 20. Even though it's working for Madden 19, it could only be impacting Madden 20.

Definitely double-check to see if you have any Windows updates that are pending too. Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates.

How to perform a clean boot

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

We've also seen some reports of games not launching in Origin if the Windows User Account name has a special ascii/non-English character in it, or an Origin account has over 40+ friends. If you have a lot of friends, let me know before we consider an option of removing them for testing.

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 28 (881 Views)