Re: Game crashes since the launch of Season 13

by ChildishHambiino

Original Post

Game crashes since the launch of Season 13

★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number: Nvidia RTX 3070 (driver version 512.15)
Enter RAM memory size in GB: 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Cartersian
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible: NoTalkDoc
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? Discord, Steam
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wattson
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Crypto, Horizon
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Storms Point in unranked trios.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Playing the game, nothing in particular. The crashes happened when I was just running around as well as mid-fight.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No.
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 13.05.2022 11:30 CST
How often does the bug occur? I crashed 3 times in 6 minutes.
How severe is your issue? Severe impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes then crashes with an error message.
What should be happening instead? The game should not be crashing.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unclear how to reproduce.

I have been crashing since the launch of Season 13. I did not experience these crashes in Season 12. The error messages I received with each crash are numbered in the order that I received them. All three crashes happened in the same match.

Message 1 of 19 (8,250 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I verified my game files (using Steam client) and restarted my computer. Playing Storm Point trios, still crashing. First 2 crashes gave error messages (attached.) When I crashed a third time, it was right as I won the game and my game just crashed to desktop without any error message. 

Edit: Another update - I tried doing a clean install of the most up-to-date Nvidia graphics drivers (512.77) by using Display Driver Uninstaller then using the Nvidia graphics driver installer and my game still crashes.

Message 2 of 19 (8,166 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The ridiculous amount of times I've had this happen this season is infuriating, I literally can't even go one match without the game crashing and it has made ranked hell to play considering if your team dies after you crash it doesnt give you the points you had earned up to that point. I never had this issue in season 12 and it makes the game unplayable. Sadly it's pretty typical that they haven't seemed to do any bug testing before releasing this update.

Message 3 of 19 (8,042 Views)

★ Apprentice

Without wanting to jinx it, i have turned off NVIDIA overlay and discord overlay and just had zero crashes in about 2 hours.

Message 4 of 19 (8,028 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Having the exact same issue and even updated to 512.77 but I'm still having these crashes.

Basically I'm stuck playing pubs with crashes every 10-15 mins so it's really frustrating.

Guess I'll be playing some OW2 Beta until this is resolved, since there hasn't been any word from Respawn on this bug.

Message 5 of 19 (7,973 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same problem for me, I have tried:

DDU + 3 most recent Nvidia drivers

Repaired game through Steam

Reinstalled game entirely

Reinstalled DX12 drivers, All visual C++ drivers

Optimized Defaults in bios to rule out OC settings

Disabled overlays (steam, discord, rivatuner, nvidia)

Registry changes from a YouTube video

I'm running out of Ideas for things to try :/ I had no issue during s12 at all. Just the occasional random dc from time to time without error message

Message 6 of 19 (7,812 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still happening for others?  I will always crash when using valk's jetpack or the grav cannons.  100% reproducible, I saw the crash every time I used her jetpack.

Message 7 of 19 (6,769 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue, its not my PC every other game runs fine. Even just sitting in the lobby it crashes with no errors , just restarts my pc

Lost a rank and more then 600 RP 

Thanks guys!

Message 8 of 19 (6,419 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Been crashing almost every game while playing different legends. Fixed the game through steam also reinstalled. I crashed in lobby twice before getting into a game. Not too sure what else I have to do..

Message 9 of 19 (5,521 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m currently experiencing the same issue on Xbox series x. I get to lobby and it freezes the turns my Xbox off. If I can somehow hit lobby and get in match instant que, I can play the match out, but once I get to the lobby it just freezes and turns Xbox off. No issue until season 13

Message 10 of 19 (4,498 Views)