Game crashes on character selection. ( hovering over character )

by Keichouu

Original Post

Game crashes on character selection. ( hovering over character )

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA 1060 3GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB 3200hz
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? keichouu
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? n/a
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? n/a
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. player selection screen
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. selecting character from player selection screen
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 24/11/19
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? my game crashes and stays there until force closed but audio continue's. i now have a 1d cooldown from not getting into the match this happens too often. im hovering over character to select just before game starts and it crashes
What should be happening instead? i should select character then the game starts..
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? character selection screen.

Game crashing at character selection screen. it happens around 4 times a day , and i get cooldown penalty because of this bug. ( now currently 1 day , thanks )

so when selecting character it just crashes , in task manager its there and using 0.0 memory as if its gone idle or something . this ONLY happens on character select screen. if i want to bypass it crashing i cant select my character i have to keep my mouse out of the way of all the characters and let it auto select which i dont want :/ please help thanks.

Message 1 of 2 (656 Views)

Re: Game crashes on character selection. ( hovering over character )

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'd like to add to this, when this happens when playing ranked los forgiveness does not work. I tried leaving the screen on in hopes it would give an error, because then match forgiveness probab;y does work. But I need task manager to get rid of this frozen screen and then I loose 36 points. It's happened about 5 times the last two weeks.

Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I can answer this, for my mate it seemed like I was connected, and then disconnected in the drop ship. And to add, when somoeone disconnects on character selection loss forgiveness does not work for the team mates! (also happened a few times).

I am not sure this relates to hovering, I was hovering crypto, but it does not always crash when I hover for me.

Message 2 of 2 (602 Views)