Re: Game crashes on Android OS 7.1.1 or lower after 04/12/2019 update

by dutchvander77

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

That won't work for emulators - disabling Google Play Games.  The link to Google Play Games is what syncs your device data and account to the EA servers.  It's pretty important lol. Yes, you may be able to disable it and play for a time on your physical device that is having problems, but if you use an emulator, be careful trying this.  When they do finally fix it and you reconnect to google play games to sync, there could be issues.  Also. if something happens with your emulator instance and you have to delete it (this happens quite a bit actually, especially with Memu) and you've played a bunch while not synced with Google Play, you will lose any progress you made.  Just wait until they fix it.

Message 161 of 302 (693 Views)

★ Novice

Been having the same issue all day. Missing out on all my daily energy

Message 162 of 302 (673 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Disabling Google play store (from your app settings) does seem to work. I logged in no problems or crashes since.  (it's only been about 10 mins)

Message 163 of 302 (647 Views)

★★ Novice
@CG_MindTricks Same here..I uninstalled the game reinstalled the game, cleared the cache and data..I can't even get into home screen or past the Disney/Lucas Film logo.
Message 164 of 302 (587 Views)

★★ Novice
@CG_MindTricks Updating to Android 8 does nothing. Same problem still happening....
Message 165 of 302 (571 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Disabling google play Worked for me too, but it crashes when I try to open free Bronzium data card.

Message 166 of 302 (550 Views)

★ Apprentice
@CG_MindTricks you can get into the game if you disable Google Play Store. If you then quit out, enable Google Play Store the game will crash loading again. So it would seem the bug is to do with the Google Play Store. Hope this helps.
Message 167 of 302 (543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So is the game "stable" running without Google Play?  I've got a concern about disabling Google Play on my phone just to "fix" something obviously broken with the latest SWGOH updates.  Obviously I could just run out and buy the latest phone but when we're seeing devices all the way up to 8.0 having this issue I'm not spending $700+ to access one game.  If CG is working this hard to destroy the game maybe I can survive the withdrawals of quitting my SWGOH addiction.

Thanks CG.  Nothing like tough love to help an addict get the monkey off their back.

Message 168 of 302 (531 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm sick and tired with this situation. Every damn new patch they release, there is ALWAYS a glitch. EVERY TIME!  Its embarassing. Its like we wish no new content in fear of the issues. 
Its like noone cares anymore.

Message 169 of 302 (528 Views)

★★ Apprentice

HELP - I force stopped Google Play Games on Nox, and now NO games work!   Dam it, why does a fix take so long when the problem is already known, bluddy google play again 

Message 170 of 302 (524 Views)