Game crashes often when posting content to alliance chat

by ILikeChurros

Original Post

Game crashes often when posting content to alliance chat

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Kyocera E6810
OS Version 7.1.2
What is your Player ID? Churro #6kfx8hkc
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug Many times when I post something to my alliance chat, my game closes to the home screen and needs to restart.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After the latest update this started happening. I can try to post a comment, a request for cards, or share a match replay to my alliance chat and my game will hang up, close to my home screen, and I'll need to restart it all over again. So far, it seems that the content that I posted to the alliance chat still goes through, but it's annoying to have to deal with the game crashing this often.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Message 1 of 11 (1,379 Views)

Re: Game crashes often when posting content to alliance chat

★★★★★ Novice
Today my game crashed three times mid-match and I was credited with a loss. This is disturbing.
Message 2 of 11 (1,341 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Me game crashes every time I request cards. Every. Time.

It crashed mid game twice, so far, today.

It also crashes randomly when I post comments to chat.

Message 3 of 11 (1,334 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi all and thank you for the reports.

We are already aware of the Alliance chat tending to crash more often and are actively working on a resolution.

Could you try a clean reinstall of the game (uninstall, clear cache and reinstall afterward) and also close all un-used background apps, to see if that is improving it? Thank you!

Message 4 of 11 (1,282 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I cleared my cache, cleared data, removed the app, rebooted my phone and reinstalled it.

I'll see if it improves anything as the day goes by, but getting crashes mid-game makes me not want to play it anymore.
Message 5 of 11 (1,273 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Ugh, it's forcing me to go through the initial training missions again!!!

How do I get my actual account back?
Message 6 of 11 (1,266 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @ILikeChurros, linking it to the same account as before (email, GameCenter/GooglePlay or Facebook) will restore your old progress.

Message 7 of 11 (1,253 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Phew! I had initially signed into my Google Play account but closed the game before I did any other training missions.

This second time I reopened my game I was asked which account to choose and was able to use my original one.

Although it's a bit scary that if I accidentally clicked on the new account I would have lost my progress...

We'll see if the game crashes have ended.
Message 8 of 11 (1,246 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
After doing all that my app just finished crashing after posting a comment to the alliance chat, so that's not fixed with a reinstall.

I'll keep my hopes low for avoiding mid-game crashes...
Message 9 of 11 (1,237 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Uh... It's much worse now. Now I can't start a match and when it goes back to the menu i see black squares. Both errors are attached.

Message 10 of 11 (1,231 Views)