Re: Game crashes intermittently after new release

by BinBetter

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Furthermore why is there no connection between your support teams?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-tech-issue-en

Lots of crashing and instability is being reported there as well. 

Can we have a bit more joint up problem solving please?

Message 81 of 283 (870 Views)

★ Novice

Same here. Crashed 75% of the way through part 1 of the heroic sith raid tonight. Has happened numerous other times since the update

Message 82 of 283 (829 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Been playing this game for several years. Lately the game has been crashing randomly for the past few days. Home button, back button, during several conquest battles, during several squad arena battles, during fleet battle today. Never had a problem before the latest update but is costing crystal refreshes due to lost battles in conquest, arena and fleet battles. Please fix asap!

Message 83 of 283 (826 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here.

Using several devices iOS and Android and it happens everywere in the game in fight on all devices.

On android the game mostly freezes and i have to restart the app. On iOS the game force quits by itself.

Cost me 70 DS Tickets and several Arenarefreshes until now.

Pls fix this.

Heroes_2021-03-01-19-11-57.jpg
Message 84 of 283 (809 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I’ve lost “only” resources today.
How many players have to complain about this issue?? 
Don’t want to fix it, or just simple cannot?!? In this case fire the dev team, and send back them to the MacDonald’s for cleaning toilet. 

Message 85 of 283 (786 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here, lost a GAC today because of it, when your opponent clears everything and you lose simply because you lost one battle due to a crash it is beyond frustrating.  Get your * together CG / EA.  Unbelieveable

Message 86 of 283 (729 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Happened again today 3 times cost me a fleet battle in GAC and lost me the match

Message 87 of 283 (720 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm playing on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (SM-T380), software version T380DXU3CTH4/T380XAC3CSHB/ (last updated Oct. 10, 2020)

My game is primarily crashing while navigating the interface.  It's happening at least 3-4 times a day, and every time I need to force close it and relaunch.

I don't have any logs, but here's a video of what happens....

Message 88 of 283 (703 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I finally got around to posting about this and I’m relieved to find I’m not alone, especially since I’m on an older iPad Air.

Terrible performance as of late with countless random closures and freezes. In the recent DS Geo TB, I lost the Wat SM for Get 2 and got only 2/4 on another CM due to crashes.

Also during battles I’ve had a partial freeze where the timer is still counting down, I can toggle auto/manual and game speed, but AI has stopped and there is no lit orb under the next toon to take a turn. I didn’t wait for the timer to count down, but just restarted.

Also, after restarting after one of these crashes, my game often hangs on the restart, giving the spinning loading icon perpetually. This requires me to force quit and restart the game again.

Was this even tested? I mean with so many people on so many platforms report these problems, it sure seems like corners were cut.

i hope an improved update comes out soon. 

Thanks

Message 89 of 283 (672 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem. iPad 5th edition and iPhone XR. Numerous scenarios.
During Dooku/Asajj mission in DSTB crashed out going from encounter 1 to encounter 2

Pressing chat during a fleet battle
Pressing home button
Pressing battle button
The symptom is always the same, crashes out to iPad / iPhone main screen

I find doing a lot of actions seems to cause the crashing more often.
For example, loading up many mod loadouts then pressing battle.
The crash almost always happens on a user input action, like pressing chat, home, battle, etc.
Many are reporting this and it was stable before the conquest release.

So there is 100% a software bug introduced that is killing the game.

I've resorted to moving mods and restarting the game before doing any battles, sucks, but I've had less crashing when the action taken in game are less before doing a battle.
I uninstalled the game on both devices and did a fresh install, still having the same crashing issues

Please fix this quickly.

Message 90 of 283 (641 Views)