Re: Game crashes intermittently after new release

by BadWolfWill

Original Post

★★ Apprentice
@nobulabula I was just trying to find a way to consistently replicate the issue; I appreciate the game crashes in all sort of places and ways. We should try to help EA/CG to identify what triggers/events are causing these crashes. I have noticed the game does use on awful lot of internal memory, and assuming it’s a memory usage related issue, clearing cache device before playing the game may help minimise the chance of a crash.
Let’s hope EA/CG are actively working on a fix, would be nice to have an update!! 😭
Message 61 of 283 (720 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also just crashed for me in Phase 4 Geo TB, fleet battle, just after team selection and clicking start. No warning no message, the app just closed. Of course it still counted as a loss.

iPhone8, iOS 14.4

Message 62 of 283 (700 Views)

★ Novice

After never having had a crash previously, yesterday I’ve had 3 in a day. The first was just when I was about to complete a fleet battle in GA and resulted in me losing a GA that’d I’d have won (... rather annoying). The other 2 thankfully were less impactful since when we’re just navigating through different screens. Very annoying that it seems this could occur at any time and have a negative impact on our success in the game.

I’m on an iPhone 8 Plus  and running iOS 14.4.

Message 63 of 283 (689 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

To mark this bug as "solved" is ridiculous. This bug in active and ongoing. The bug has cost me and my guildmates GA matches, Wat shards, and numerous battles in different areas of the game.

Message 64 of 283 (681 Views)

★ Apprentice

I agree.. I think this bug should be re-opened. Marking this as "resolved" gives me an uneasy feeling that the developers are not looking into. This should be their #1 priority to fix as it's costing people a lot of money and resources. @EA_UltraSlide can we re-open this bug and leave it open until we get a proper, validated fix?

Message 65 of 283 (666 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_UltraSlide Same issue here, game crashed just while finishing the Dooku mission inDSTB today. Very frustrating of course. I’m on iOS, iphone
Message 66 of 283 (656 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue is happening to me.  No spinning wheels or anything.  Just instant crash of game and back to home screen of phone.  Happens at various times.  Yesterday happened just as I was trying to enter a TB CM. Newest client is downloaded and using iPhone 12 Pro Max. 

Message 67 of 283 (651 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same experience here - no hanging before the crash, just a sudden/instantaneous closure of the app. I am noticing that the crashes tend to happen when the game has been open a long time, which supports some of the technical theories posed above that it’s related to caching and/or memory.

Message 68 of 283 (648 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I was about to smash the count dooku hanger mission on separatists might, destroyed little ani, just about to wipe out GK and then give GMY a spankin, AND what should happen at this key moment!?
A frickin crash!!! Thats what!! Totally livid, guild is going to peeved off too. Could cost us a star Frown
Fix it EA, PLEASE! This is at least 3rd time since Sunday.
fyi Already made a post in 3rd page of this thread.
Message 69 of 283 (642 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here. Multiple times since update. First time was on my last battle of gac and it costed me my gac match. Then again couple other times now luckily wasn’t doing anything too important an then again just now in fleet arena. This is not a internet issue. Bad wifi doesn’t cause game to just completely shut down. An it all started after last update. Play on ios..

Message 70 of 283 (616 Views)