Re: Game crashes intermittently after new release

by GabrieleLongano

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Game is crashing within a battle since the latest updates. This problem has occurred on multiple game modes. I lost territory battle missions, sometimes in a middle wave. I also got kicked out of a raid. I have lost 2 GAC battles as a result of this, the last one costing me the match and potentially a high Kyber ranking. I have this issue on multiple devices as well although all iOS ipad 5th gen with iOS 14.4

seems to have happened twice involving a GG separatist team.  Once on my attack and the other me attacking a GG team.

ally code 586422893

Also noticing some crashes just while scrolling around.

Message 51 of 283 (710 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_UltraSlide i think I found a way to reproduce a crash... using GW... last wave, when rewards are showing just click on some character shards and boom... it crashes (see below). It has happened to me a handful of times in exactly this manner; I hope CG are close to providing a patch to fix some of these major flaws.

F8DDD38B-FD38-49D9-9418-D062653B6E35.png

Message 52 of 283 (694 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same problem. Two crashes in the last two days, the first in Geo Territory Battles (causing me to only get credit for 2 of 4 stages instead of what should have been 4 of 4) and the second today in Grand Arena (causing me to lose my match and miss zetas). 

I have been playing this game for multiple years now and never experienced a crash. Two in two days is a little concerning, especially when both caused me (and my guild) to miss out on serious rewards. 

Ally Code: 654-152-739

Please let us know what you intend to do to fix this crashing issue and how you plan on providing the community a chance to recoup the lost rewards.  

Message 53 of 283 (679 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

If it's related to performance issues (or memory being filled up, as in the log of the original post), then closing the app entirely and reopening it might solve the issue - or at least reduce the likelihood of a crash. Might be good to do it before any important battles.

Message 54 of 283 (680 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Dashrunner_512 That's exactly what I do now. I never get the crash immediately. It's always when I'm in the app for a while so almost exhibiting some sort of memory leak or memory corruption issues of some sort. But yes, restart the game, close all other apps before going into battles that you cannot re-do (ie, GAC, TB, etc).

Message 55 of 283 (666 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_UltraSlide What’s disappointing here is that this is affecting who knows how many players and EA appear to have no insight into the issue. This is affecting individual players who are missing their arena payouts (like me) as a result of the battle not posting to the servers and also entire guilds as mentioned by others. Anecdotally, I’ve had guild members lose their Challenge Rancor runs to this bug. You can imagine how well that’s being received.
Message 56 of 283 (658 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. Two crashes today, the first in arena Battles (not a big problem) and the second in my final Grand Arena with my Malevolence (causing me to lose my match!). 

I have been playing this game for multiple years now and never experienced a crash. Two in one day is very boring, I'm angry to lost my final grand arena because of that 

I use iPhone XR

Ally Code: 423-697-593

Please let us know what you intend to do to fix this crashing issue and how you plan on providing the community a chance to recoup the lost rewards

Message 57 of 283 (655 Views)

★ Apprentice
@yasonfyehald Update: I had two more crashes today - one was while loading a battle in GAC, so it is also now happening to me when loading battles in GAC (previously I got crashes right after battles and once when loading a GC battle).
Message 58 of 283 (614 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have hit the same issue in various places in the game, losing conquest energy in the new conquest mode is very disappointing..

Message 59 of 283 (592 Views)

★ Guide
@GabrieleLongano For me not this way. Usually at the end of a battle, when “Victory” or “Loss” title comes up, the game closes in a second, without any sign.
Message 60 of 283 (584 Views)