Re: Game crashes intermittently after new release

by Chagabuga

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_UltraSlide I have had multiple crashes multiple days since the update.  There are three accounts being played in my family and all have had crashes - they are on separate devices - one iPhone 10 Max Plus (latest OS), one new iPad and one older iPad (all latest OS).

I have not noticed any pattern to the crashes - they seem random.  Only thing that might be common is they seem to happen (the crashes) at the end of battles, for the most part - all except 1 that I can recall.  And, fortunately the one crash I had when starting a battle was in GC, I think so I could just re-do the battle.  This could easily cost someone a GAC match which could cost someone Kyber, etc., or could cost a team a TW match or stars in TB, etc.

Please address this ASAP - it's very disconcerting when playing the game.

Message 41 of 283 (785 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_UltraSlide I am literally having the game crash on the menu during arena waiting on the timer.

I can't think of any type of issues that would be causing this that would be server side and not client. This is due to the new update and something in that code that is running.  As I mentioned, my device is a Samsung galaxy tab A 2019. when it crashed I checked and it was 1.8/2gigs in the memory.

I have had stuttering in fleet specifically as my main issue and NOW I am having crashes in the main menu screen just sitting there or in arena, just sitting there. 

Something I would ask from the team that needs to happen is the ability to adjust graphical settings for lower end devices. If I have a lower end device, I don't want ships flying in the background that hog up resources. If this isn't possible, I get it, but it may help fix some of these crashes that I've been having.

I can't really go out and tell samsung to fix their device. It shouldn't be having issues when it's basically brand new (1 year old samsung tablet).  So I don't know what to say.  All of this is right after the new update.... As the players, we can only assume something caused it and it's costing us TB, Arena, rewards, etc.

I quit MSF because it crashed 5+ times PER DAY.  SWGoH is now using the same engine and I am seeing similar resource issues on the device when loading. I will do whatever I can to help resolve the issue. Thanks.

Message 42 of 283 (769 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Dashrunner_512 I have had this same problem. The game never crashes but in the last few times has crashed repeatedly. It just cost me a ga victory. I'm in the middle of a live chat with an EA representative who is not providing any help.
Message 43 of 283 (757 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@MazerReaper I meant to write in the last few days the game has crashed repeatedly. Other members of my guild have had the same experience and have been chatting about it on discord. No one in my guild knows why this is suddenly happening or what to do about it.
Message 44 of 283 (754 Views)

★★ Novice

Adding to the what seems like a long list of players with crashing issues.

As of today:

Game crashed while in TB....lost the chance to get more Wat Shards.

Garme crashed while attacking in GAC....automatic lost of battle and possible Round lost.

Whatever the issue is, fix it.  And considering this game is monetized, I and all the other players that have experienced this will need to be compensated for this issue.  This game has earned a billion in revenue.  There’s no excuse.

Using an IPad Air and iOS is you need this info.

Message 45 of 283 (739 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@grumpybear9000 You might want to encourage your guild mates to press the "me too" button in the original post. Maybe this way this bug gets prioritized
Message 46 of 283 (705 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_UltraSlide  написал (-а):

It should be okay as we believe the team have enough to go on. We will reach out if any logs are required.

When will you fix it ? It's been 3 days since your last post in this topic, and there are no changes. How long do we have to wait? It is not possible to play like this... players lose their time and resources due to game crashes, and there are no comments from you...

Message 47 of 283 (704 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Dashrunner_512  good idea!

Message 48 of 283 (682 Views)

★★★ Novice

Actually after last update the game shuts down without a notice. Just like I am in the middle of TB battles and then bang - out of the game. No sign, no error banner - just it ends up in a second. Happened to me at least 10 times. This is confirmed both on iOS and Android. So don't write everything is ok... 

Message 49 of 283 (653 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

He was referring to my offer of providing additional logs. Apparently the dev team is working on fixing the various performance issues that popped up in the last release, which - they hope - would fix this crashing bug as well. Keep fingers crossed.

Message 50 of 283 (649 Views)