Re: Game crashes intermittently after new release

by bostonbrawler1

Original Post

★★ Novice

Numerous crashes on iOS in the last 48 hours. It’s never been an issue before. 
Frequent buttons missing in battles, and it’s costing players crystals. 
Also now there are multiple menus (mods and arena ranks and others) that are turning gray and becoming nearly invisible. 
These are game breaking issues. 

6574D8A9-92FE-429F-9421-811A9D6EAF1D.png
Message 31 of 283 (976 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_UltraSlide I am not so sure if it is related to general performance issues. I can see delays in loading icons and such, but I just experienced a crash during a fleet battle.

That was the first time ever (in fact before the latest roll out I never experienced any crashes in IOS whatsoever).

I am a bit afraid now to lose a battle in the GAC because of that, which could cost my kyber.

If the dev team has trouble reproducing this issues, I am more than willing to help.

I do understand that it's not an easy bug to fix if the dev team cannot reproduce it.

Message 32 of 283 (945 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Concur with previous posts - the game crashes I have had have only been occurring since the last update.  Greyed-out mods when searching with filters, multiple icons not loading properly throughout the stores and battle rewards, hard crash at the end of a GAC battle, and guildmates have reported hard crashes with Geo TB missions in progress, resulting in reduced rewards for all 50 of us in the guild.  Amplifying information available upon request, but it doesn't look like this is getting any serious attention.

Message 33 of 283 (904 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing has happened to me and it’s happening more frequently. Never happened until new update. Now it’s 4-5 times a day. Most times as your closing one frame and going to another but not always , sometimes it’s in the middle of a battle. It’s ridiculous please fix this ASAP. 

Message 34 of 283 (886 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Can the EA team update us as soon as you can?

There is DEFINITELY something wrong - over a dozen people in my guild and dozens more in our alliance are having random app closes, lagginess, and crashing. this is costing us stars, and rewards in rancor and TB etc... 

Message 35 of 283 (874 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

!!!Today happened again at the end of geo TB. The game crashed after finished the battle, without any sign. I am already afraid to play, because of losing points, or rewards!!! 
I’ve reinstalled the app, same 💩 Restart the phone, same 💩

Free up the ram, same 💩

iOS 14.4, the latest version, iPhone XS Max. It’s not that old model to happen this. I spent money for this game, I  expect stable quality for my money!!!

Anybody care about our problems there!?!

Message 36 of 283 (856 Views)

★ Apprentice

This happened to me again in phase 3. I was re-modding some toons for the fleet combat mission battle. Then clicked "Battle" and the app crashed. So twice now in this TB, it has cost me a CM and my guild some GPs. This needs to be addressed ASAP.

@EA_UltraSlide One thing I found that might be helpful, I was re-modding Geos in Phase 1 CM when it crashed the first time in TB. This second time, I was also re-modding Geos for the fleet battle in phase 3. Since it looks like it could be memory related, I also want to point out that I have about 200 loadouts saved. So it could be the possibility that the writing to/from the loadouts each time could be causing the high memory spikes and eventually crashing the app. Something to look into and pass along to Dev/QA.

Message 37 of 283 (840 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_UltraSlide It can't be that difficult. The 2nd time in the GAC week that the app simply goes out during a fleet battle. It also happened in the squad arena. I reinstalled the app. I've done all of them. Worry less about the crap packs but that the game is running!
Message 38 of 283 (809 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have now lost 6 combat mission waves, some squad arena battles, and 70 slkr event tickets bc of abrupt crashes. This is absolutely infuriating. If this isn’t fixed ASAP I will quit playing this game, and I have been playing for over two years now. This is the worst bug I’ve experienced so far for in this game. EA/cg should absolutely remunerate those affected by it as it is probably the most annoying bug possible. If I lose any more cms waves or event tickets bc of this bug and they don’t provide recompense, I will quit playing. I’m one of the people who spends money, and I have a feeling the other folks like me will have just as little patience for this garbage as I do.

Message 39 of 283 (799 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is exactly what happens to me.  Sometimes I experience lag then crashes but mostly the game just suddenly disappears with no warning or reason.  Since we have Geonosis and I'm very active in everything I am on the game for several hours per day and it crashes multiple times (I want to say 6+) at random.

Message 40 of 283 (768 Views)