by GabrieleLongano

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashes intermittently after new release

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPad 5. Generation (model number MP2G2FD/A
OS Version 14.4
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 848387323
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug From yesterday on the game crashes intermittently, in various scenarios
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tap on various buttons. I didn't see a specific area where this happened.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Germany

From yesterday (title update 02/24/2021) on the game crashes intermittently, in various scenarios.The application restarts shortly afterwards. In the past the game had been extremely reliable, no crashes at all.
I experienced at least 3 crashes since the new release had been rolled out (02/24/2021).
Let me know if I can provide any logs (didn't find any on my iPad)

Update 02/28/2021:

This issue occurred for example in these scenarios:

• Guild events main screen -> back button
  • GAC territory overview --> home button
  • In the middle of a fleet arena battle 
  • Daily challenges: After pressing the multi sim button

Please note that I am playing this game about a year now (daily) and never experienced a single force close until now.

Update 03/01/2021:
Added screenshot of log shortly before crash

Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 17.14.52.png
Message 1 of 283 (12,329 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game crashes intermittently after new release

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Stickied to top for visibility.

Hello there guys and sorry to hear that.

We have checked our available logs and cannot see anything that would have caused the crashes that are mentioned.

However, we are experiencing some performance related issues which are most likely the cause of the crashing you are encountering. The team are currently working on this.

View in thread

Message 9 of 283 (12,112 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same issue for most of my guild and for me. We’ve seen lots of force closes when battles end, lagging whenever new assets are loaded on the screen or complicated abilities are used in battle, etc. It started right after the conquest update. Did nobody test...again?

Message 2 of 283 (12,286 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same here. I had never had a crash before in 2.5 years of playing, but I’ve had several crashes since the new release. The latest crash happened during a combat mission in Geo TB. This resulted in me being credited with 1 wave completion instead of very likely 4. This affected my guild in TB.

Message 3 of 283 (12,267 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Same for me. The game has crashed maybe 4-5 times since yesterday's game update. Had just completed the Nute special mission was going to do the combat mission in the Droid Factory territory with Poggle the Lesser lead. I was remodding everyone, then clicked "Battle" and the game crashed. Unlike the other crashes, this one was costly as it cost my guild 792k -- After restarting, it showed that I did 0/4 when I can normally 4/4 this one.

I'm on iPhone X

iOS version 14.4 (this was happening in the previous software version, hence why I updated to the latest apple software thinking it would resolve the problem, but problem persists)

I have the full IPS crash logs if needed. Just let me know where to send it. Looking at the contents, it seems like it had something to do with the disk writes..

Event: disk writes
Action taken: none
Writes: 1073.75 MB of file backed memory dirtied over 8162 seconds (131.56 KB per second average), exceeding limit of 12.43 KB per second over 86400 seconds
Writes limit: 1073.74 MB

Message 4 of 283 (12,241 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same here. On iOS and Android. 

Message 5 of 283 (12,220 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same here, UK, IPhone 6S 14.4, crashes in all sort of battles, GW, GAC, TB... game feels sluggish and navigation from one area to the next is not smooth.

icons/pictures take long to load properly.

playing a battle is a risk... we are losing tons of territory points as a guild in the current TB!!

please sort it out ASAP!!!

Message 6 of 283 (12,200 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same thing happened to my guild in tw had at least 5 game crashes, so far 3 different players have had game crash durring dstb. Please fix this fast

Message 7 of 283 (12,166 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Using Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019)

I have had fleet crash two days in a row following the update. 

From my experience with MSF this is very likely due to something with the new engine that is similar to what MSF uses.

That being said, I don't know what caused it, it didn't make sense to me on a technical level.  I had the game crash today, 3 seconds after loading a battle and it was when anakin's ship shot mine.  I didn't take a turn, just loaded the match and was attacked and then the app crashed.

I was discussing this with the people in my guild (prep for cPIT) and the assumption is it may be tied to a memory being full or at capacity issue.  Technically thinking about this.... The game/engine may be writing to a place of memory that isn't available or there isn't enough memory available, and then the app crashes. 

Message 8 of 283 (12,148 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Stickied to top for visibility.

Hello there guys and sorry to hear that.

We have checked our available logs and cannot see anything that would have caused the crashes that are mentioned.

However, we are experiencing some performance related issues which are most likely the cause of the crashing you are encountering. The team are currently working on this.

Message 9 of 283 (12,113 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the response @EA_UltraSlide 

Let me know if I can help by providing any hints. I have the iPad connected to my Mac and viewing the console log. Something I could set as a filter, in case it crashes again?

Message 10 of 283 (12,104 Views)