Re: Game crashes in CAS (Patch 1.88.213)

by Simmingal

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero

@12wasgehtab21 No, I'm afraid there is not.

You can try if updating your graphics drivers help in any way.

Have you tried switching back to German ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 40 (422 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@12wasgehtab21 Is the game crashing when you do those three things in order (like hit random name, then open gallery, then exit CAS) or when you do any of those things? Does this happen for new save games, or only older ones that you already had? When you're in CAS before you crash, do you see the "Change Pronouns" dropdown when selecting "Hello, My Name Is..."? That question applies to when you're playing in both German and English. What language did you originally install the game in? I know you can change the language you're playing in on-the-fly via Origin's Advanced Launch Options, but what language did you choose when you first installed?

Thanks so much!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 12 of 40 (395 Views)

Champion
@SimGuruNick I had some crashes couple days before pronouns update in cas and build mode and all of them occured after I used gallery or my library for something

in build mode all upper buttons first went unclickable after exiting gallery (you could still do build stuff) and then it crashed when i clicked manage worlds to test if that button worked

I haven't had any crashes when i didn't open gallery or library (as of yet anyway)

the cas one just crashed out of nowhere no warning but i was saving my sims to library before it happened
Message 13 of 40 (316 Views)

Hero
@Simmingal Do you still have any crashlogs for those crashes ? They are called lastcrash.txt and can be found in documents.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 40 (309 Views)

Champion

@crinrict Yes I have them but how do I share the text files again <:D

Message 15 of 40 (304 Views)

Hero
@Simmingal yes they do. They look different from OPs but are still helpful for EA to have

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 40 (289 Views)

Hero
@Simmingal Just checked on the date. They are a bit old. Do you have newer ones ? Do you still have crashes or were these only before the update ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 40 (285 Views)

Champion
@crinrict Yes it was couple days before update not after update but I figured it might still be same problem in the end cause op mentioned opening gallery
Message 19 of 40 (282 Views)

Champion
@Simmingal And also yes sorry I don't have more recent ones I haven't been to cas or build too much and avoided the gallery after i noted it might be crashing my game and so far so good (well not for info gathering but good for my sanity xD)
Message 20 of 40 (263 Views)