Re: Game crashes / hangs regularly

by Hoihoihoientotre

Original Post

Game crashes / hangs regularly

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Pixel 2XL and PC Emulator
OS Version Android 10
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 878-849-322
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug Game keeps crashing. i,e. freezing and not allowing me to do anything meaning I have to force quit. Alternatively, it just closes the app. Sometimes mid battle, sometimes just moving around the game.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Install your game and play it for a while. It'll work ok for a few minutes and then just stop.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country United Kingdom

Heroes_Screenshot_2020.07.10_14.11.58.jpg

As described, I could be playing either on my phone or on my pc, and the game will either close, or just freeze. 

Attached is an example - I clicked on an item and the game just froze. This is about the 6/7th time today that this has happened. Sometimes it happens mid battle, sometimes, just browsing the game, or when interacting with elements of the game. 

This has cost me crystals and resources.

Message 1 of 9 (726 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Heroes_Screenshot_2020.07.10_14.14.56.jpg

It just happened again.

Message 2 of 9 (720 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This has been happening to me since the 7/9 update.  This morning I couldn't even open the app on my iPhone11 Pro - it would just keep crashing before fully loading

Message 3 of 9 (709 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Mate it's awful. Apple and android releases aren't working properly. It's costing me banners in TW, and battles in Arena. 

It's also random with no clear error code. Sometimes it just freezes, sometimes it decides, "oh you know what? I'll just shut down the app".

I'm glad that others are having problems, because I was getting really frustrated.

Message 4 of 9 (694 Views)

★★★ Novice

It’s ridiculous. Just missed my HAAT as it wouldn’t start, then crashed once I entered raid. 

Message 5 of 9 (652 Views)

★ Guide

have the same prblems as well
Sometimes it just freezes, sometimes it just shut down the app

using android

Message 6 of 9 (610 Views)

★ Novice

Experienced the same, prevented me from a clear win in Grand Arena

Screenshot_20200710-234327_Heroes.jpg
Message 7 of 9 (586 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's happened again. 

It's happening a lot. The game is slow and laggy and constantly glitches. Fix your bloody game.

Heroes_Screenshot_2020.07.20_15.08.26.jpg
Message 8 of 9 (456 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@grumpybear9000 I'm trying to build a set of diags that the devs can use... If you want to help, see https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Call-for-action-on-current-crashing-freezing-issue/m-p/9327036...
Message 9 of 9 (432 Views)