Game crashes/freezes after Hero selection menu

★★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GTX 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? alpharess
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. alpharess
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Mirage
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Doesn't matter
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. The game didnt even get there.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Game crashes after hero selection
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 5
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 29/09/2021 19:50
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Apex freezes or goes fully black screen, i have to open task manager to close it and start it again.
What should be happening instead? Load me into the game?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure, it happens randomly after hero selection menu and then it freezes or black screen. In rare cases I receive engine error message from the game when it goes black screen. I made a screenshot of it below and I also posted the whole dxdiag system settings.

trashpex.PNG

Message 1 of 11 (890 Views)

Re: Game crashes/freezes after Hero selection menu

★ Novice

I've also had this problem. Several times today, actually. It happens in about each tenth or fifteenth game, I'd say (rough estimation, ofc). I play this game through GeForce Now.

Message 2 of 11 (849 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine does this too. Only been playing ranked so its only happened in ranked. Playing Valykrie. Happens like every 4 games.

Message 3 of 11 (812 Views)

★ Novice

I disabled all my badges/poses/banners with animations in them, and haven't had the problem after that. You can't control if random team mates or the champion squad will have any animations in their badges/poses/banners, but at least it removes one of the possible sources. It's a problem that was supposedly patched, and not just once..

Message 4 of 11 (784 Views)

★★★ Newbie

also on xbox pleaaseeee respawn!!

Message 5 of 11 (762 Views)

Game freezes after character selection

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce MX250
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? bluv
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Doesn't apply
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Fuse
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Doesn't apply
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. After character selection and before champion was announced
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Waiting for the match to begin
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? One match without a freeze at worst, to more more games.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Everyday since the start of evolution event
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The game always freezes after character selection, during the fade-out between my squad banners and the chapmpion squad. I observe that every time the freeze happens, at least one random character from my squad does not render on the banner. The freeze occurs on Olympus. I don't think it has ever happened to me on other maps nor arenas. When the freeze happens, the game must be killed with task manager. When I reconnect to the game after restarting it, my teammates seem completely unaffected by the bug.
What should be happening instead? The game should progress without freezes.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea how to reproduce consistently. It happens to me on olympus every two games at worst, but sometimes it takes more games to appear.

Everything as said above.

Message 6 of 11 (706 Views)

Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

We are currently investigating these crashes and working on getting this fixed. We appreciate your patience while we're working on it. 

Kent.png
Message 7 of 11 (735 Views)

★★ Novice

Same crashing also happens with PS4. 

Message 8 of 11 (690 Views)

Unable to select legend

★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Fi-Mimm4
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Waiting for players view with game scene backround, right before you can select a legend
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Waitibg for legebd selection
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03.10.21 10:20
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The game stays in the "Waiting for players" screen, never changing to legend selection. Sound changes to the kegend selection sounds but the screen stays the same. Then the game starts with either previous legend or random legend if the previous legend was taken
What should be happening instead? Selectibg the legend
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? How should I know?

When playing multiple games in a row, many times this happens, that I'm not able to choose the legend as I never get the screen where the selection happens. 

I only get the "Waiting for players" screen with sounds and then the sound changes to the legend selection screen sound but the screen stays the same. 

Next the game starts with either random legend or with the legend I played in my previous game.

Message 9 of 11 (694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

FIX THIS PROBLEM RESSPAWN! There’s no way we should have to take all of our banners and animations off just so we DONT have this problem. This is absolutely ridiculous and ruins the game for me.

Message 10 of 11 (521 Views)